X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

Today's articles on GHacks may be of interest to some.

Reporting on the technology, security, and privacy since 2005.

Comment

• populiz
      • Sep 2009

Great job!
      Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• jumptwice
        • Sep 2009

Thanks for sharing

Comment

• PurpleDemon
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Mar 2006

Giveaway of the Day - MultiSet 6.7

September 18, 2009

Want to create a WindowsXP installation disk that will automatically install the OS Windows without asking questions about username, product key, time and locale settings? At the same time your favorite applications are automatically installed, the necessary keys are entered into the registry, drivers are updated, new patches (service packs) from Microsoft are installed. It’s possible and you can do it easily with Almeza MultiSet!

Almeza MultiSet will automatically install all the applications you require, either onto your original computer or onto a new one. It’s an ideal solution for rebuilding your systems quickly!

Besides, Almeza MultiSet can create bootable CDs/DVDs. Such disks can be used as a rescue means after a system crash. To completely restore the system, you will only have to insert such a disk into the CD/DVD drive.

The program is available for $99.95, but it will be free for our visitors as a time-limited offer.

Every day we present FREE licensed software published by developers from all over the world.

Comment

• MilesAhead
            Eclectician
            • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by dr_ml422
            Hi Miles. How does it pair up to Defraggler from Piriform? I saw some reviews on the latest free defragglers and defraggler was up there. I think they mentioned Auslogics, but not sure if it was that highly recommended compared to the others.
            Just to touch on this again.. I've installed MyDefrag on both my machines. I did the Fast Optimize on my Windows 7 system. The drive there has always benched a bit on the slow side. I just ran CrystalDiscMark after the optimize and it did show much better numbers. Probably due to the "zone strategy" used by MyDefrag with that script.

Looks like it's worth doing a Fast Optimize periodically with Auslogics quickie defrags thrown in every couple of days in between.

Comment

• MilesAhead
              Eclectician
              • Nov 2006

Giveaway of the Day - MultiSet 6.7
              When I first saw this on GOTD I did a double take! Then I realized it's XP only. It's a variation on the theme of nLite with a different tool. Nothing wrong with that. Just can't use it with Vista. Wish they'd lighten up(nLite.. lighten up?) on those nuisance restrictions.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • May 2007

I'm soon here going to try and make a schedule to play w/7 64 and do all tweaks as necessary etc... Thnx for the heads up on My Defrag. I'll be looking into it as well.

Otn, ImgBurn's Forum has a guide on making a bootable Vista and I think 7 disc. Might be worth checking out just in case there's some tricks we haven't run into yet.

I remember you saying you leave your hdd at 30% full, or was it you leave at least 30% empty? I think the hdd's need at least 30 more or less to do a defrag if I'm not mistaken. My storage drives are at almost full capacity. I'm asking for my OS. Thnx.

P.S. Ever since I started using the Docking Station for Data and Temp files for some proggies it has contributed greatly to better usage/optimization of the OS. No bottle necking. Makes a big difference.
                SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                  Eclectician
                  • Nov 2006

Hmmmm, I should probably investigate that ESata card stuff. Even if I only put it on one machine, the copy over the network to do backups and whatnot should be way faster. I might have to check it out. Copy of 20+ GB backup images @24 MB/sec is kinda' poky.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • May 2007

Yes it will Miles, and it's not that expensive. I put 1 in my 1st build since I have a e-sata port in my newest build. Very easy to configure. Just move jumper settings on card n PnP. It's set to the inner sata port by default. It'll give you a xtra sata port or 2 depending which ESata card you get.

Hey are you using the HTML view w/your Gmail if you have it on FF? I think even though it might not look prettier it has less difficulties. I don't get that "We're expereiencing technical difficulties" error in my chat area.
                    SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                      Eclectician
                      • Nov 2006

I don't have an account with gmail. I've been using hotmail since before MS bought it.

Comment

• braydenking
                        • Sep 2009

Thank you for all your sharing

Comment

• PurpleDemon
                          Digital Video Expert
                          Digital Video Expert
                          • Mar 2006

It's Back

Giveaway of the Day - Driver Magician 3.45 - September 29, 2009

Driver Magician offers a professional solution for device drivers backup, restoration, update and removal in Windows operating system. It identifies all the hardware in the system, extracts their associated drivers from the hard disk and backs them up to a location of your choice. Then when you format and reinstall/upgrade your operating system, you can restore all the “saved” drivers just as if you had the original driver diskettes in your hands. After one system reboot, your PC will be loaded and running with the required hardware drivers.

Every day we present FREE licensed software published by developers from all over the world.

Hi All. There was some confusion on registration last time this was offered.

Extract the downloaded folder. Run Activate first. Then run setup. Verify that it is registered under the help tab in the program/registered. I felt bad it expired, but glad it's back. I personally am sold on this program (when it's free).

Enjoy All and Good Luck

Comment

• PurpleDemon
                            Digital Video Expert
                            Digital Video Expert
                            • Mar 2006

Giveaway of the Day - Partition Manager 10.0 Personal (English)

Giveaway of the Day - Partition Manager 10.0 Personal (English)

September 30, 2009

Special offer for GAOTD users — Partitioning for Windows 7 and 64-bit version support!

We want to thank you for downloading our software and for giving us your comments and helpful suggestions. Giving feedback is essential for us to provide you with the best software utilities possible. As a result, now Paragon is happy to offer something that you’ve been asking for – our Partition Manager 10.0 Personal with support for the latest Operating Systems.
                            Your benefits at a glance:

* Fast and easy Partitioning: Perform partitioning operations in only a few clicks. Create, format, delete or undelete partitions, repartition hard disks without data loss, redistribute free space between partitions, merge two partitions to one etc.
                            * Manage Vista/XP or Vista/Windows 7 on one PC: Run several versions of Windows on your PC and switch between them easily upon startup.
                            * Resolve all common boot problems: With the Boot Corrector you can eliminate all common boot problems and keep your system stable.
                            * And much more…

Limitations: No WinPE included in this download, no Virtualization Manager 2009 included

Comment

• tonysmith1929
                              • Nov 2005

Hi... Have downloaded,validated etc and backed up all drivers. In the event I have to reinstall them, say on a new HD will I need the same program to restore them. If so will original validation work on the new HD......????? Thanks Tonysmith1929

Comment

• PurpleDemon
                                Digital Video Expert
                                Digital Video Expert
                                • Mar 2006

Originally Posted by tonysmith1929
                                Hi... Have downloaded,validated etc and backed up all drivers. In the event I have to reinstall them, say on a new HD will I need the same program to restore them. If so will original validation work on the new HD......????? Thanks Tonysmith1929

No you don't. Those drivers you backed up you would use for windows to install from.

It only backs drivers not native to windows.

Example: Windows has found xyz modem. Please use install disk or location of driver. You would then point it to the backed up driver.

There is also another option to back them up to an exe file to install them.

Only catch would be using the same operating system.

I back up my drivers to CD. It is easier on the re-install

Comment

Working...