• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bletch
    Boss Feeble
    • Feb 2006

Internet Explorer 7

Hi

just got an Windows Update notice that i could download and install IE7.
    Is it worth it ? does anyone here have some experience with IE7 ?
    I guess it's full of bugs and stuff.. anyhow..glad if you could advice me on this.

Regards / Nik
    M-O-O-N, that spells Tom Cullen
  • blutach
    Not a god of digital video
    • Oct 2004

I like the tabbed browsing.

Regards
    Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
    [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• bletch
      Boss Feeble
      • Feb 2006

Sounds good! I will try it out on my experimental rig on wich i try out new apps and stuff

Comment

• ed klein
        Banned
        • Mar 2004

I using Internet Explorer 7, no problems so far, can't say I like it any better than IE6, I am viewing it is just another update.

When the updates start to take control of my computer, then I will roll back to a previous update or operating system.

Comment

• bletch
          Boss Feeble
          • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by ed klein
          I using Internet Explorer 7, no problems so far, can't say I like it any better than IE6, I am viewing it is just another update.

When the updates start to take control of my computer, then I will roll back to a previous update or operating system.

Ok, thanks for the info. But what do you mean with "when the updates start to take control of my computer" ????

Regards

Comment

• ed klein
            Banned
            • Mar 2004

Microsoft latest operating system Vista in its infant stage is the first operating system where you are going to have less control, or say so, on what you can and can not do with your computer. Newer software and hardware changes in the near future will give you less control of your computer.

An example might be when Vista changes or updates take place I am sure your are not going to be able to do a memory dump as easy as you can today with the XP operating system.

Many large corporations and control groups like Microsoft, Intel, Sony, Disney, DRM, RIAA are all communicating together with their software and hardware products, rules and regulations lobby groups, to do what they want to do with your computer and giving you less control.

After all is said and done, power or control over you, and how much money they can take from you is the name of the game.

Comment

• bletch
              Boss Feeble
              • Feb 2006

Future sounds bleak..
              wont they understand that such policy will frighten customers away to other OS and brands ?

Comment

• anonymez
                Super Moderator
                • Mar 2004

IE7 works fine here, been using it since release, even if firefox is still my main browser.

as for Vista, surprisingly no problems here either. used it for about a month, didn't restrict anything i normally do
                "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• JakeBlues
                  Digital Video Enthusiast
                  Digital Video Enthusiast
                  • Dec 2006

Bletch..
                  I have a friend here in North Carolina, runs a small indy computer store in rural NC and the biggest question in the last few weeks.. "how to uninstall IE7"? I installed it on our computer at work and both the owner and manager were unhappy with it the first day. The did NOT like the set up, did not like they COULD NOT set up a look (tool bars etc) the way they wanted it to look. ME personally... saw the browser to run slower and knew it was going to take a while to get use to. I have seen comments even on Microsoft's site "who the hell designed this set up?".. I am paraphrasing here but it's a extensive look up on many sites since the release. Should hold off until the FULL release comes of age and they work out all the bugs in the current release!

To uninstall Internet Explorer 7 to return to Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP

Click "Start," and then click "Control Panel."
                  Click "Add or Remove Programs."
                  Check "Show Updates" at the top of the dialog box.
                  Scroll down the list and highlight the version of Internet Explorer 7 that you are running, and then click "Change/Remove." (If you are running Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview — March 20 or later, it is not necessary to check "Show Updates.")
                  Go here and select the appropriate version of Internet Explorer 7 for your operating system.

Seems that the RSS feeds are a complaint also. weird.

Best
                  ElwoodsBrotherJake "...I'm on a mission from God, to help me and others from making coasters!

Comment

• bletch
                    Boss Feeble
                    • Feb 2006

Thanks Jakeblues,anonymez and all other posters of this thread! I have made up my mind to wait before installing IE7

I've always liked IE6 and it have worked flawlessly for a loooong time so i keep it that.

Have a nice weekend!

Comment

Working...