• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • katzdvd
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Feb 2006

Can't get ATI Video drivers installed?

Reformatted pc, all went real smooth, or so I thought! I am using the ATI Omega drivers, & as you can see, they are installed at the top under display adapters.

But I am still getting the "unknown device"/question mark; when I double click on it, it says' "Location: on ALL-IN-WONDER 9600 SERIES (Omega "...

If I remove it, windows still finds it upon booting.

Chewy, Anony help!

Last edited by katzdvd; 20 Jan 2007, 02:06 PM.
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

looks like it missed a component

what link did you use for the omega drivers?

Comment

• katzdvd
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Feb 2006

I used omegadrivers.net. I already had the drivers downloaded & had been using them for a few months now. After the reformat, I installed them as before & now I end up with this...

I am using vers. # 38273, which I see is not listed on his site now; there are later vers. ,released on 01/14/2007.
      Guess I gould give the new drivers a try, but it doesn't make sense why the original vers. was working fine before, but not now?

Edit: vers. # 38273 is listed in the site archives.

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

ati released a new catalyst version on the 10th

before the reformat
        you probably had an orginal ati driver that picked up the component then
        when you loaded the omega drivers it just kept that part before

probably got some thing to do with the capture part

did you ever get those damn boot files straightened up?

Comment

• katzdvd
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Feb 2006

did you ever get those damn boot files straightened up?
          The boot files are on one of my storage drives, & as long as I keep that drive off the controller card, (I have it on mobo ide2) everything works okay.

Someday when I get a chance, I will wipe that storage drive completely clean & move them (2 storage drives) to the controller card.

before the reformat
          you probably had an orginal ati driver that picked up the component then
          when you loaded the omega drivers it just kept that part before
          As far as the prob. with the dev. manager; are you saying that an original ati driver survived the reformat? During install, I deleted the C partition & recreated it & then formatted. Wouldn't that have wiped everything?

What do I need to do to correct this?

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

before the format you had a driver from an older version for the unknown device/component, the format lost it

Comment

• katzdvd
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Feb 2006

before the format you had a driver from an older version for the unknown device/component, the format lost it
              I probably had an original ati cat. driver installed before format, & even tho I had installed the omega drivers later, the original ati driver was still on the system.

I had run the ati uninstaller before I had installed the omega drivers, so I thought that would have removed everthing - but, I guess not.

It looks like the omega drivers are missing a componant? I don't want to install ati cat. drivers, but I don't know what else to do at this point.

(I hope my explanation was not too confusing)!

Comment

• anonymez
                Super Moderator
                • Mar 2004

it's the capture device on your AIW, download & install the WDM driver. omega drivers don't include them.
                "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• katzdvd
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Feb 2006

it's the capture device on your AIW, download & install the WDM driver. omega drivers don't include them.
                  That worked great - thanks anony

I will record that for future reference.

I will say that with this new SATA drive, windows/drivers never installed so fast; I can't believe how quickly I was able to get everything back up & running! The only thing that gave me a hitch was the vid. driver. Even the whole f6/third party raid driver went like a piece of cake during install.

@chewy; I promise that one day I will get those burners off the pci card & back on the mboard where they belong!

cheers, katz

Comment

• Chewy
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2003

never have a data drive hooked to the primary ide when installing your os on a sata drive

Comment

Working...