Jake Wants a New Computer or to build one!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

the sacn posted was a jpeg and of your whole desktop

png and just the window is more readable

Comment

• JakeBlues
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      • Dec 2006

Originally Posted by Chewy
      the sacn posted was a jpeg and of your whole desktop png and just the window is more readable
      Chewy bro... I understand MOST of the words you wrote here... but I don't understand the meaning! ( Soup and Rat interpret for me before I get in trouble!)
      Also here are somethings I made recently........
      I went back to the OLD post when you (all) were HELPING me tune up my Sony dru 700a and those things do NOT seem to apply or i have not been able to reapply those things to THIS samsung drive!
      Help me guys...

PS. THIS is the FIRST full one click method and then burn via ImgBurn I've made.... rate it and let's get it back to earth. And YEAH the HD is defraged.. and the setting are in ultra dma... etc etc (heh)
      kidding
      ME
      Attached Files
      ElwoodsBrotherJake "...I'm on a mission from God, to help me and others from making coasters!

Comment

• JakeBlues
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        • Dec 2006

for the 80 conductor cable I would go standalone master at end of cable for the 40 conductor cable I would leave cable select and hook to same position that the old drive was hooked--durn dell
        How I long for the days when I just changed them until they worked...
        hehe but now with a baby my time is short...

OK.. the 80 cable is the ribbon with 2 connectors... one to the former Sony and the other to the old samsung dvd player (not a burner)
        BUT is i take the OLD door stop off and disconnect it..
        take the 2 port cable, use the END port hook it into the NEW samsung burner and change the jumper to master??

Remember: Jake = Dumb, Teach as a you were teaching your son when he was beginning to learn all this. If you humor me.. I WILL learn it all.. sooner or later!! I promise!
        Peace to you bro....
        Peace to you all.......
        ElwoodsBrotherJake "...I'm on a mission from God, to help me and others from making coasters!

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

80 conductor has 80 wires, 40 has 40

stay with cable select if you have an older 40 cond cable, safer

Comment

• doctorhardware
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Dec 2006

Yes Jake that is what you need to do when you want a copy of the speed test to post.
            Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• JakeBlues
              Digital Video Enthusiast
              Digital Video Enthusiast
              • Dec 2006

Dang! My first coaster with a new drive! (grrrr)

funny....

We (hillbillies) just call a ribbon with 2 connecters on it a "duel post ribbon", could be what we invented years ago when we didn't know the proper word for them.
              It's been so freakin` long ago I could have sworn I've seen `em with 3 connecters (mind is fading) would that be a 120 cable?
              (please stop making fun of me....hehe)

OK... with the first screenshot of THAT copy and THAT drive (post #242)...what would you guys do first to get this puppy into some kind of shape where I'm gonna get a decent burn? You SEE the score was a 48 on that.. not acceptable, thank god my wife cleaned the house... my beer was making rings on the table.

Last edited by JakeBlues; 8 Apr 2007, 06:29 PM.

Comment

• katzdvd
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Feb 2006

long ago I could have sworn I've seen `em with 3 connectors (mind is fading) would that be a 120 cable?
                40/80 doesn't have anything to do with the number of connectors on the cable; that is the number of wires in cable. A 3 connector cable is one that will handle 2 drives - a Master & Slave. Master drive on the end connector, & Slave on the "middle".

Comment

• Chewy
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2003

jake and anyone else interested in 40 and 80 conductor cables, please refer to this excellent web page

Comment

• katzdvd
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • Feb 2006

http://www.pcguide.com/ref/hdd/if/id...Cable80-c.html

jake and anyone else interested in 40 and 80 conductor cables, please refer to this excellent web page
                    Nice article & pics, Chewy. I have already replaced all the cables in my main pc & also plan to assemble the new one with the round style. The price of them on Newegg is great, & makes for a neater job, better airflow!

Comment

• Chewy
                      Super Moderator
                      • Nov 2003

the last flat ones I bought were a 10-12 deal, round also

crazy quanitity discounts a year or 2 ago

buy 10 for less that 6

Comment

• JakeBlues
                        Digital Video Enthusiast
                        Digital Video Enthusiast
                        • Dec 2006

Chewy I have a question...

I think the 80 conductor cable is the way to go... easy to do and probably better results.
                        On this new Samsung HOW do I tell if it's bitsetting?
                        The attachments in #242 where the best thing I had to show you so far.. what other info do you need to read to see if it's doing it's job and correctly? This burner just isn't like the other but I think once I get the hang of it I'm gonna like it better.
                        You taught me to on the sony.. I went thru the steps with ImgBurn and got that one worked out. Remember you said "this one bitsets right of the box" how do I tell if it's doing it?

That cable link was cool! NOW i get it!

Ohhh I almost forgot, when I use the cd-dvd speed and do that first test "benchmark" it goes thru it's battery of test near the end it opens the door, like umm how long it takes for the door to open and close and Guess see how long it takes to get started reading the disk again and THEN it opens again and it says something like "error incorrect disk inserted" ..like that but not just the once again and again and it did it for the sony... WHAT DISK IS IT WANTING INSERTED!?? I don't get it.
                        Last edited by JakeBlues; 9 Apr 2007, 05:49 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

• soup
                          Just Trying To Help
                          • Nov 2005

On this new Samsung HOW do I tell if it's bitsetting?
                          Post #237, last pic.

Comment

• JakeBlues
                            Digital Video Enthusiast
                            Digital Video Enthusiast
                            • Dec 2006

Originally Posted by soup
                            Post #237, last pic.
                            I SEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Soup honestly... at first when I looked at these a few days back.. I wasn't even sure what I was look FOR! But NOW I see it.
                            I am so dang use to going in and changing the book types... it's old habit!

while we're at it... when I look at the second and 3rd pictures.. that's what I get... question is "But..why!???"

Well it looks like I dunno what the heck I'm doing again! (sighs)

Edit! ok I just burned it AGAIN and didn't touch NOHING!!!!!!! Look at the results I got! (heh)
                            ..you can take the boy outta the country, but you can't take the country outta the boy!

PS. can't get my screenshot maker to save to jpegs today
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by JakeBlues; 10 Apr 2007, 12:32 AM. Reason: i screwed up..added a pic

Comment

• Chewy
                              Super Moderator
                              • Nov 2003

why use screenshots when a simple copy and paste will work

Comment

• JakeBlues
                                Digital Video Enthusiast
                                Digital Video Enthusiast
                                • Dec 2006

why use screenshots when a simple copy and paste will work
                                you guys went through so much trouble to teach me..ummm why not!?

Comment

Working...