Jake Wants a New Computer or to build one!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JakeBlues
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    • Dec 2006

It's the orginal HBO release.. clean as the driven snow.. not even a dust spot on them. That crap samsung is history soon.... so hang on.
    ElwoodsBrotherJake "...I'm on a mission from God, to help me and others from making coasters!

Comment

• soup
      Just Trying To Help
      • Nov 2005

Testing.

Band Of Brothers Disc #4 RipIt4Me Full Dvd rip. I have yet to do Dvd Shrink to create an ISO & then ImgBurn will burn. The only thing a little different I am going to do is use MenuShrink on the menus & I might run it through FixVts after MenuShrink.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BOBD4LO8X.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	913144
      Last edited by soup; 2 May 2007, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• JakeBlues
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        • Dec 2006

you dog...
        I see that 95 on the quality burn, 15 total spikes along the bottom burn grid, i am so freakin jealous!
        Yeah I do rip at full dvd, but i must ask "The only thing a little different I am going to do is use MenuShrink on the menus & I might run it through FixVts after MenuShrink." i thought fixvts/ripit4me was always first?

ps. you ever got a 100?
        Last edited by JakeBlues; 19 Mar 2007, 10:16 PM. Reason: another question
        ElwoodsBrotherJake "...I'm on a mission from God, to help me and others from making coasters!

Comment

• soup
          Just Trying To Help
          • Nov 2005

Process on this one, now I haven't been able to view in a standalone yet. After RipIt4Me was finished I took a look at it in Dvd Shrink & decided I could go with the full dvd & get to about 80% compression by only keeping English 5.1 & shrink the menus by using MenuShrink. The last thing I always want to do before going in to Dvd Shrink is cleanup, so I ran FixVts manually & then opened up in Dvd Shrink, created the ISO & burnt with ImgBurn.

PS: NO.
          Last edited by soup; 20 Mar 2007, 05:54 AM.

Comment

• JakeBlues
            Digital Video Enthusiast
            Digital Video Enthusiast
            • Dec 2006

ok try and try again......

Originally Posted by soup
            Process on this one, now I haven't been able to view in a standalone yet. After RipIt4Me was finished I took a look at it in Dvd Shrink & decided I could go with the full dvd & get to about 80% compression by only keeping English 5.1 & shrink the menus by using MenuShrink. The last thing I always want to do before going in to Dvd Shrink is cleanup, so I ran FixVts manually & then opened up in Dvd Shrink, created the ISO & burnt with ImgBurn.

PS: NO.
            OK dude.. Honestly, I am not exactly sure but I am willing to try something different, "just incase"!!
            I watched BOB disk 4 today via the MPC but still no luck 7 coaster later.. so I give up I'll have to do it again later on.
            MY FREE CASE IS HERE!!
            AND TODAY MY BURNERS, HDs, Floppy, Power supply and modem (I think that's all.. i haven't opened the box yet) came in the mail!!!!
            ,, crap i think I got a mouse and keyboard also.

Yahhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooo!
            Just gimme time guys.. just gimme time!

NEXT WEEK: MOTHER BOARD, CPU, VIDEO CARD and sound card... screw that intergrated stuff.
            dang I need one of those USB cards (thingys) you hook to the back of the case from the mother board so i an hook the USB stuff in... and I hope to God the thing has serial ports and other crap I need!
            Wish me luck!

Comment

• JakeBlues
              Digital Video Enthusiast
              Digital Video Enthusiast
              • Dec 2006

The Jake's New COMPUTER $ Budget SO FAR..

2 maxtor 40 gig hard drives... $39.99 each
              (I could have 80 gig HDs for the same price but western digital quality has suffered alot in the last few years)

1 U.S. Robotics USR5670 56Kbps PCI Bus (Plug & Play) Faxmodem $15.99 ...BUT only $5.99 after rebates!(we only have dialup service where I live)

1 APEVIA CF4SL-URED 80mm Red LED Case Fan - $4.49 (for the hell of it)

1 SAMSUNG Black 1.44MB 3.5" Internal Floppy Drive Model SFD321B/LBL1 .. $6.99 ..well the case is black and I have NO stores near me, I could have used the old one but ehhh, so good enough

1 Microsoft CA9-00001 Black 103 Normal Keys 3 Function Keys PS/2 Standard Basic Keyboard and Mouse ..$16.99
              (OK OK I could have had them cheaper but #1 you know how hard to find black is in PS 2? #2 I hate USB KB and Mice never have much luck from them.) ..also if I paid shipping from another place it would cost me even more!

2 SAMSUNG Black 18X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 18X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2M Cache IDE DVD Burner With LightScribe Technology ..$31.99 ea
              (they bitset right out of the box, I want 2 to take the load of burning and ripping off ONE drive alone and they have a great rating in consumer satisfaction .. I could give a damn less about the LightScribe it wasn't even a factor in the purchase, and CHEWY turned me on to them!)

One BIG ASS ATX CASE! (http://shop3.outpost.com/product/5124886)
              Ultra Wizard Black Mid Tower Case .. $40.00 cost, free shipping and Handling $40 rebate = FREE!!!!!!!!

Edit #2 ULTRA PRODUCTS ULT31841 V-Series ATX Power Supply 500 watt power supply.
              $23.40 + 6.99 shipping from Amazon.com ,Applied for Amazon.com Visa card gave me $30.00 off my order so I paid $0.39 cent for this item!!
              Whoo Hooo

I changed a few things and even post poned my Power Supply I orginally ordered... wanted to wait for the final decision on the Mother board was..
              to SLI or NOT to SLI, prolly not bit I saw a 512 meg pci express card recently for under $80.. everyday I wait the price comes down,
              I also was looking for a Mo-Bo with 2 IDE plug in.. I think I found it.
              More To Come

so.... how I am I doing!?
              Last edited by JakeBlues; 22 Mar 2007, 01:50 AM. Reason: info change/ addmore info!

Comment

• JakeBlues
                Digital Video Enthusiast
                Digital Video Enthusiast
                • Dec 2006

Chewy, Soup & Ratboy & other friends... Need input!

OK guys take a look at my last post.... #96
                I think I have done well so far... I did stop one order one night because I was having a few (heh) and ordered 2 power supplies!!
                You can't amend an order from New Egg but you can cancel it and start again.. so I did. I am GALD I did because it gave me time to rethink and make substitutions for the parts I've ordered. I think the only money wasted so far was the 80mm fan... I have parts and things around not to mention a friend at work who'll probably give me a few.

THE NEXT BUYS ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT I THINK....

The Mo-Bo and the Video card!! VERY expensive so alot of shopping and a lot of research is going to have to happen. The only thing I want in a MO-BO right now other than quality and a good price is 2 ide headers and can support AMD x 2 cpu. (just incase my final decision is indeed a AMDx2 and NOT just a reg amd chip from a few months back before the x2 series came out)
                As Chewy pointed out and after reading on his suggestion I agree that a PCI- Express video card will be the way to go. But to 256 or 512 msg card?
                I dunno... If you guys can help me find these I'll be appricative and I'll chat here with you all and see if it's a concensus that's it's a good deal..price..quality etc.

Sooner or later I'll need a sound card... I have NO IDEA what the ones today are good.. but my last few computer had Creative Labs, I think one was a awe 64 gold (wahaha) and did great. My second was a CL live card first gen had a few problems but after some firmware updates a friend did it was ok.
                Too bad I only had it a few weeks before a lighting strike destroyed it beyond repair.. YEAH the whole damn thing was a friend.. nothing survived they could find. So if you just happen onto a good sound board deal... lemme know.
                Thanks Guys!

PS, OTHER than the Power supply all the other things are now here in my home.
                The power supply should be here in 3-5 business days
                Last edited by JakeBlues; 22 Mar 2007, 02:29 AM. Reason: more info

Comment

• Chewy
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2003

ram, cpu and mobo must match up exactly???

onboard sound is so good now, forget sound cards

Comment

• JakeBlues
                    Digital Video Enthusiast
                    Digital Video Enthusiast
                    • Dec 2006

No I am sorry if I mis worded my post...
                    I think I meant to say "compatible" with each other!
                    You always out think me... I thought you knew me better!
                    hehe I told you before.. sometimes I am slow to think!
                    On board sound has come a long way? wow that's cool! Well I hope my future Mo-Bo has great one.
                    Chewy... just so know, you and ratboy and soup and a few others have been VERY supportive of me even when I am so hard headed I don't just don't "get it". And you will explain things again and again until I DO "get it".
                    And I thank you and ALL my friends for the support thats why I ask for your help now... because I trust you all.
                    Any good suggestions for Mo-bo's VId-cards or memory????
                    .. Can ram. cpu, mo-bo match up "perfecly"?

Comment

• Chewy
                      Super Moderator
                      • Nov 2003

just don't try running a 939 cpu on an am2 socket with ddr

Comment

• JakeBlues
                        Digital Video Enthusiast
                        Digital Video Enthusiast
                        • Dec 2006

I was wondering....
                        How do you tell which firemware to use?
                        Do you download the first and upgrade? Do you just go to the firmware
                        update site you've shown me... a few times?
                        The drive came with NOTHING!!!!!!!!
                        No Box.. No Disk.. No manuel... NO NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!
                        says on it... dvd writer model SH-S182
                        Then... SH-S182/BEBE (but made in Jan of 2007!! not bad)
                        Chewy.. how do I decide which firmware to use???
                        Attached Files

Comment

• soup
                          Just Trying To Help
                          • Nov 2005

Open up ImgBurn / Tools / Drive / Check for Firmware Updates.

Comment

• Chewy
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2003

need the exact model and present firmware?

Comment

• doctorhardware
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              • Dec 2006

@jake
                              I can get you a blue case fan for you for around $2.00 or less.
                              Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• jm1647
                                An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
                                • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by JakeBlues
                                dang I need one of those USB cards (thingys) you hook to the back of the case from the mother board so i an hook the USB stuff in... and I hope to God the thing has serial ports and other crap I need!
                                Wish me luck!
                                The mobo should come with at least 2 USB I/O ports built in on the back and maybe like the one Chewy recommeded to katz and the one I got came with an additional bracket for 2 more out the back and additional pins to hook up to the front USB ports of the Ultra case.

Comment

Working...