Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spartikus
    • Aug 2005

PC Migration

Does anyone know how easy it is to move old files/folders to an new computer you buy. i know there are programs out there like pc link, belkin easy transfer cable. my old computer is windows xp and the new one is windows vista?
  • olyteddy
    • Nov 2006

XP has the 'Files and Settings Transfer Wizard'. IDK if Vista does, but if it does that's one easy and free method.

Comment

• spartikus
      • Aug 2005

using a usb cable.

Comment

• benbryant
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Aug 2005

Some of the USB flash or jump drives are big enough to hold over 2, 3, or more GB of files, fast, and they are much cheaper nowadays too (just around $15.00 on sale). You can use them to transfer files from one PC to another and delete the files if you don't need them any more

Regards

Comment

• techreactor
          Banned
          • Jul 2005

If you have network ports in both PC's, use a crossover network cable. Much simpler that way.

The new PC might even have an autodetect network port, in that case a straight cable also might work.

Comment

• spartikus
            • Aug 2005

i was looking on mono price for cables is that where i buy them the cable i am looking for is a laplink or null modem cable right? i found the transfer wizard seems like that will work i just need to find the right cable now. through dell when i bought my computer i bought a belkin easy transfer cable it comes with software it was 39 dollars maybe its a good deal i don't know but if i can get a cable for 3 dollars and use the network transfer wizard then i could get the software purchase off my order and safe about 40 bucks.

Comment

Working...