X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

Outerinfo?

Anybody ever hear of this software? Legitimate malware? If there is such a thing?

had an extra IEXPLORE and ApplicationLayerGateway(alg) service running
    and popups starting, ran msconfig and regedit and running their uninstaller off the web, I am wondering what it was bundled with?
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

According to their website:

Outerinfo is desktop advertising software that provides consumers with relevant, comparative offers while browsing online. Our software can be downloaded as a stand-alone application from this website, and it's also distributed with various other products, including games, instant messaging add-ons, videos, and other popular consumer software.
    If you no longer wish to receive Outerinfo advertisements and special offers, you may opt-out at any time, through the industry-standard "Add or Remove Programs" section of Windows
    In rare cases, usually due to interference from a third party application, our built-in uninstaller is corrupted
    Not so rare according to a quick google search! Nobody would actually want ads, I'm guessing most people got it by installing suspicious apps.
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• Gary D
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Dec 2005

Did you update your daemon tools??
      Gary D

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

I haven't the foggiest where it came from, unless it was a remmnant from a trojan/malware that survived the inquisition last week

Comment

Working...