Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davidt1
    • Mar 2007

Any Vista Guru Here?

I am having problems with the way Vista handles security and content protection. I hope someone here can help me.

My laptop comes with an HDMI connection. This is great for using my computer and watching movies on a big screen. The computer part is really fun. Playing movies, however, is a problem. Commercial movies will only play for about 20 minutes and then the "copy protection failed" error would come up. Unencrypted movies will play without any problem. The only possible explanation I can come up with is that this is the way Vista attempts to protect contents. Does anyone else have this problem? How do I play a commercial dvd all the way through?

Vista wants to protect files too. Wordzap is a word game I like to play to keep my mind sharp. It has a bunch of word lists (text files) in various languages. When you play the game, the program uses these lists to display the words and definitions. Under XP, I am able to edit these text files -- adding words, definitions, etc. I can even replace the original file with a new one.

Vista won't let me do such thing. I can edit the files, but the program won't display the changes. Vista keeps the original file hidden somewhere and will only use that file. It has rendered me powerless.

Does any know how to override these security annoyances in Vista? Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by davidt1; 23 Apr 2007, 12:06 PM.
  • techreactor
    Banned
    • Jul 2005

Although I havent moved onto Vista, but are there various security levels available that you can reduce ???

Comment

• Vaios
      • Feb 2006

I don`t know if you know this, but here in Greece and Cyprus, as a joke, we are referring to Vista as "SVISTA". "Svista" in greek language means "delete them".

Comment

Working...