X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jm1647
    An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
    • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by BR7
    When it gets here I think I will send it back to Newegg and exchange it for the first one you listed.You guys have me weating bullets over here

Seagate for the warranty can't be beat. I had a 400GB go in the first month of use a lil while back (like I posted im that thread, it musta been made on a Monday morning by somebody with a hangover ) and they sent me a new 500GB to replace it

A better warranty than Hitachi is Maxtor with a 3 year warranty but not as long as Seagate and this one has 16MB cache

I use power management on all my HDDS set for 10 minutes, IMO for my usage letting them spin 24/7 is like letting your car run 24/7

Comment

• BR7
      He is coming to your little town!
      • Aug 2005

That is a good deal jm but unfortunately my PC only recognizes HDs up to 250 GBs.That's what Dell told me anyway

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• BR7
        • Aug 2005

OK I decided to stick with the Hitachi if it fails I can always get the one Chewy recommended.
        I have a question about the Spread Spectrum Clocking I was wondering if I should leave the transfer speed at 1.5GB or set it at 3.0 GBs and will my Dell Support the 3.0gb

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• NightTran
          King of Digital Video
          King of Digital Video
          • Aug 2005

your Dell should support 3.0, I had two WD 500GB each they are sell all the time at BB
          sigpic

Comment

• BR7
            • Aug 2005

Thank you Night That's all I needed to know

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

Working...