Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • snagel
    • Apr 2006

problem sonic Record now exe. not responding

I currently am having problems with an error reading Record Now. exe is not responding. It then gives the option to exit now or cancel.

I only have this problem when shutting down the computer after I have either burned a CD (music or data) or after copying an unprotected DVD while using Sonic Record Now. If I don't use Sonic for anything during that session the computer shuts down pretty quick. Is there anything that I can do to quit receiving these messages and have the computer shut down normally when I do use SONIC.
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

sonic has probably gotten corrupted, it's a pain but you will need to completely remove and reinstall, their filter drivers can really hose a computer

sometimes there's a big conflict with the imapi native cd burning service within windows xp

Comment

• snagel
      • Apr 2006

re: chewy

Originally Posted by Chewy
      sonic has probably gotten corrupted, it's a pain but you will need to completely remove and reinstall, their filter drivers can really hose a computer

sometimes there's a big conflict with the imapi native cd burning service within windows xp

Chewy, I just recently reinstalled Sonic less than a month ago. I uninstalled it about 7 months ago and left it out until about a month ago because I was having the Shell Icon Hidden ..... windows error. If I let that time out it then jumped to the GDI+ error . After uninstalling Sonic I ran the Roxio clean tool. Is there another clean tool for Sonic or is the Roxio clean tool the only one.

I read elsewheres that the Shell Icon Hidden window was directly due to the Musicmatch program. I completely uninstalled Musicmatch and I have not seen the Shell Icon Hidden window since.

Now I am having the new problem Record Now exe. is not responding.

aggravating as hell.

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

here's what a guy with nero reccomended for roxio

you might adapt it for your case

ahead has a lot of experience with these conflicts

Nero:
        "Having Roxio and Nero installed on your computer, incompatibility problems can occur which will result in defective procedures.

Try uninstalling Roxio and use our driver cleantool after that, update Nero to the latest version available and see if this solves the problems you are experiencing.

If it does you can then decide which program better suites your needs and keep that one on your system.

Since there might still be driver on your system from another burning software, please use the driver clean tool in order to disable these drivers.
        Download cleanpack.zip from ftp://ftp9.nero.com/attach/cleanpack.zip

Extract the zipped files onto your hard disk using WinZip or WinRar.
        You should now have two files: Driver-CleanTool.exe and RegistryChecker.exe.
        First, run Driver-CleanTool.exe by double-clicking it.
        Driver-CleanTool will deactivate drivers that caused problems in Nero in the past.
        Confirm the deactivation of the drivers displayed in order to prevent known driver conflicts from reoccurring in the future.
        These drivers also exist, with values, in the registry in Windows NT, 2000 and XP.
        In order to ensure that these are also deactivated you will need to run the RegistryChecker file.

The Registry Checker will run very quickly. It is likely that you won't see any action after double clicking the file.
        Note: Running the Registry Checker is not necessary for Windows ME, 98SE, 98 or 95.

You will probably have to deactivate the following Drivers manually:

Driver : dvd_2K
        Description : DVD-RAM AddOn Driver
        Version : 7.1.0.95
        Company : Roxio/Sonic Solutions

Driver : mmc_2K
        Description : CD-R/RW AddOn MMC Driver (W2K)

Driver : pwd_2k
        Description : Win2000 Framework for Packet Write Driver

It is likely that the problem is caused by faulty filter implementation.
        Go through the following steps:

1)
        Rename the folder "Ahead" in folder:
        C:\Program Files\Common Files\
        into "Ahead_2".
        When reinstalling Nero, the folder "Ahead" will be created again.
        The Nero's DirectShow filters and Codecs will also be installed and registered again.
        As soon as the folder "Ahead" is once again created in the directory
        C:\ Program Files\Common files\
        the directory "Ahead_2" can be erased.

2)
        Erase the contents of the following folder:
        C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Ahead\NeroDigital
        C:\ Documents and Settings\All Users\ Application Data\Ahead\NeroRecode
        C:\ Documents and Settings \"USERNAME"\ Application Data\Ahead\NeroVision\NVFACache

3)
        Make sure that you have your Nero 6 serial number ready.
        The serial number is structured in the following manner:
        1Axx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx.
        It can be found either on the booklet (in the CD-cover) or on the back of the paper envelope.
        If Nero is installed on your computer the serial number can be found as follows:
        a)
        Open Nero StartSmart and go into Nero ProductCenter by clicking on the "Nero" logo in the top left corner.
        Click on the index box "Serial Numbers" to view the serial number.
        b)
        Alternatively, you can find the serial number in the registry:
        Open the "Registry" by
        - clicking on 'Start' in Windows
        - clicking on 'Run'
        - typing in "regedit" into the field "Open" and verifying with "OK"
        The serial number is found in the following directory:
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ahead\Nero-Burning ROM\info
        - find the entry 'serial'
        - double click on 'serial'
        - the serial number can be found here

4)

The General CleanTool should be used before reinstalling Nero to completely remove all Nero entries from your system.
        The General CleanTool can only be implemented if you are logged in as administrator.
        Warning: all Nero plug-ins will be removed as well!
        Download the General-Cleantool from
        ftp://ftp9.nero.com/attach/General-CleanTool.zip
        and extract it on the hard drive by using WinZIP or WinRAR.
        Start the General-Cleantool by double clicking on the exe-file.
        Choose

> Clean All
        > Clean
        > Deinstallation of all Nero products.

Restart the PC.
        All Nero entries in the registry are erased.

5)
        Afterwards, reinstall Nero, either directly from your Nero installation CD or by downloading the current Nero versions from our website:
        Nero Upgrade Center - Comparez nos produits Nero ! Mise à niveau vers la dernière version ✓ Aperçu de tous les produits Nero ✓ Caractéristiques ►Mise à niveau maintenant !

Enter your serial number during the installation process.

6)
        The folder "Ahead" was created again in the directory
        C:\Programmes\Common Files\ .
        Folder "Ahead_2" can now be erased if you haven’t already done so.

Should you have any other request, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards

Stefano Miotto
        Nero Technical Support

Comment

Working...