Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevwac
    • Sep 2007

Computer freezes when trying to encode/compress dvd

I've had my buddy worked on my machine a couple times but he can't seem to fix it. I actually just got it back today and he thought the solution was fixed. I was able to burn one original dvd, but that was all.

I have dual dvd write/burners and it doesn't matter if I copy straight from drive D to drive E or drive D to hard drive then drive E. For some reason it seems I was able to copy a couple original dvds with no problems and then went down hill from there. Computer freezes and locks up, I cannot control/alt/delete to restart. I have to use resest button on tower. What's really strange is this happens 99% of the time trying to copy dvds but then my computer will lock up occasionally watching a video or surfing the net with multiple window opened.

After restarting it trying to copy dvd, I got to this site and tried to register to look for help, but then locked up again on this site. I am up to date on virus protection and spyware. I'm thinking its some type of hardware problem or compatibility.

I have an Intel Duo Core Processor 3.40GHz, 3 GB Memory DDR2 667, 320 Hard Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 7100 GS display adapter.

Sorry this is long. All help and info is appreciated.

Thanks
    Kevin
    Last edited by Chewy; 13 Sep 2007, 12:29 PM.
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

download and install the trial version even if you have to use safe mode for the install and a usb drive from another computer to download and transfer

Comment

Working...