Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwfan81
    • Oct 2007

New LCD Display, Blurry in the middle of screen

I just purchased an inexpensive 19" Polaroid LCD HDTV/Monitor and the TV part looks great (the HD/over the air programming at least) but when I switch the input to view my PC, I notice that the text and pretty much anything in the middle area (vertically) is a little blurry, while all other areas of the screen are nice and crisp.

One major reason I bought this TV/Monitor is to combine my TV and PC monitor into one compact unit because space is limited.

Can anybody give me an idea why the middle of this LCD screen is noticeably blurry right in the middle (although I can still read the text)? The HDTV broadcasts are beautiful on this screen, reading text on a webpage, not so much.

I've tried changing the resolution on the PC and no luck. My video is onboard, I use my PC mostly for work, email, basic stuff for the most part. The "blurriness" just in the middle is annoying though. I'd like to know what causes it, is it the inexpensive the LCD TV/Mon. or possibly my basic, bare bones computer with no decent video card? Or, could it be more complicated than that?

I'd guess it's something probably well known, as it's annoying as hell to have a perfect, clear picture except when it comes to the middle of your monitor when you're reading text, it's very noticeable.

Any suggestions or info would be greatly appreciated.

-Chris
  • jwfan81
    • Oct 2007

Problem solved. Read for more info

I opened up the manual and started reading. I've already read it all of the way through, but figured maybe there was a setting I could tweak hopefully to fix the problem. It was marketed as both a HDTV and a high-resolution PC monitor. That is what I expected.

Not surprised, there was nothing addressing this particular issue but I noticed that there was a totally separate VGA menu. I played with the phase, which I could see the problem "moving" around. I tried other settings along with phase and still had no luck getting a totally clear picture.

I then just decided to try the "Auto Adjust" function while inside the VGA input menu. Instantly, all blurry areas of the screen were gone. I'm a happy camper, my hi-def TV programming is excellent, as is my computer display. Even right down the middle of the screen, which was annoying the total hell out of me.

NOTE: I read the previous person's reply and I thank you for your input. However, you're probably more of a gamer or some other videophile. I am not. I just want decent HDTV signals and a perfectly legible display for visiting websites and reading/responding to emails. I'm sure that monitors dedicated solely to just that purpose - being computer monitors - are best for certain people, as you'd suggested. This cheap display doesn't suck ass as much as I'd worried it might though, I'm satisfied.

For my needs, this inexpensive display makes my TV experience in my home office enjoyable as well as my PC experience. I many times was distracted by what was on the TV when I should have been focusing more on my work! This is a great solution. I thought about the video card + new LCD monitor vs. a combo, the LCD/TV combo is definitely the best choice for me now that my problem is resolved. YMMV based on your preferences/requirements.

Chris

Comment

• katzdvd
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Feb 2006

I then just decided to try the "Auto Adjust" function while inside the VGA input menu. Instantly, all blurry areas of the screen were gone. I'm a happy camper, my hi-def TV programming is excellent, as is my computer display. Even right down the middle of the screen, which was annoying the total hell out of me.
      Good catch! Thanks for letting us know your findings. I had read this thread & was thinking about it, but it didn't occur to me that the auto adjust would fix it. I know that will re-center/resize a display , but never gave it a thought about the blurry situation.

Good Job!

Oh yeah, and welcome to the forum!

Comment

• src2206
        • Jan 2007

Thats why every manufacturer pleads you to read the manual carefully before you start. You saved their Customer Service Dept from one call.

Comment

Working...