Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikol
    • Dec 2007

Video application on Vista

Hi. I used to work on XP Home with this particular subtitling application. I bought a new computer, installed the very same software and proceeded to work. The subtitle editor seems to work all right (text), however when I try to open a video file the error message is: "No overlay mixer available. Check video adaptor and DirectX installation." I am practically computer illiterate. I wrote to the maker of the software, but to no avail. I don't even know if it's a problem with Vista or the software, or what. Do I need to download a DirectX update? Please help, I am lost here. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by mikol; 30 Mar 2009, 08:11 PM.
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

Best bet would be to see if there's a forum for the particular subtitle software. Google is your friend. Try searching on "subtitleappname forum" since you don't say what the app is.

Comment

• ed klein
      Banned
      • Mar 2004

I know there is a new DIRECT X out that needs Vista operating system to get all the benefits out of the new DIRECT X. I think it was DIRECT X 10 or 11.

Experience the new generation of games and entertainment with Xbox. Play Xbox games and stream video on all your devices.

Comment

Working...