• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hello people
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Apr 2005

Can connect to hotmail, but not msn

Hi, I have a weird problem and hoping someone can help. If this is in the wrong place, just move it...

I'm on Win2000 Pro, with NOD. Work PC, on a network, connected to net.

I've had an msn email since '03. Works fine.

At work I can sign into hotmail, I can verify my microsoft passport, can sign into the live page....but I can not sign into msn 7.0 (working msn for W2000)

I get this message:

"Sorry we could not sign you in because the sign in name you entered does not exist or your password is incorrect."

My details are correct. Because I can sign into hotmail, etc as above. At home I can sign into msn.

Co-workers here can sign into msn 7.0 here on my computer....just not me. So it's not a firewall or network or virus scanning software issue.

My details are correct. It just won't let me sign in....other people can, no problem.

I have verified that my microsoft passport is functional. I can sign into the microsoft page....with the same details I am trying to use to sign into msn.

Anyway....any tips, clues or suggestions could prove vital.

thanks
    music
  • browneye
    jack of all trades - master of some
    • Mar 2007

I had a very similar problem. Went to tech support hot line, they had me clear all cookies, saved passwords, and reset security back to default setting. I was then able to reconnect. I do not know how the settings got messed up, but it happened to be right after a update. Might help you?

Comment

• hello people
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Apr 2005

Thanks for the reply.....that still doesn't explain how my co-workers are able to log onto msn with their account details, and I'm not.

In fact, I have tried deleting all cookies.

I have not done the security thing, but I guess I will try.
      music

Comment

Working...