X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt.Doshier
    • Jan 2008

DVD to Ipod

I was wondering what all do I have to do to put the movie on itunes so I can put in on my ipod. Anybody know? Also how do I play the movies that are on my hardrive before i put them on itunes? Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by admin; 21 Jan 2008, 12:03 PM.
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

There are tons of tools that can convert your DVDs to iPod. I recommend the free Videora range, since it's free and quite easy to use. I think they also have guides on their website on how to use their software:

As for testing your iPod compatible MP4 files, you can do so in iTunes or QuickTime.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• Matt.Doshier
      • Jan 2008

Thanks for the help. I dloaded videora ipod converter but I still couldn't get it to work. The programs I have dloaded are the videora ipod converter, DVDShrink, and a Decrypting software. First I used the decrypting software to just get the video and audio files by themselves then I used DVDShrink to compress the files I extracted. Then I used the Videora Ipod Converter to convert it so I can play it on itunes. After all that I could only get the movie to play a little bonus clip and not the full movie. I've been trying to get this done last night and today. It's prob. easy I just don't know how to do it!! If anyone could help me that would be great! Thanks everyone

Comment

• leony
        • Jan 2008

As a Mac user, I use iSkysoft DVD to iPod Converter for Mac. It works well for me.
        There is also a version for PC users.
        Have a try.

Comment

• admin
          Administrator
          • Nov 2001

Matt.Doshier: Can't really help with DVD ripping problems on this forum anymore, including anything to do with DVD Decrypter or DVD Shrink. In any case, you don't need DVD Shrink. This is the link I was suppose to link to before, but it came out wrong:

As you can see, there is a guide there on DVD to iPod conversion in case you don't know how to use the software.

leony: What you failed to mention was that your software is not free, nor is it probably any good (at best, one of the numerous clones of iPod conversion software out there). Videora, on the other hand, is completely free (apart from some ads that load within the program).

Comment

• Matt.Doshier
            • Jan 2008

Thanks for the help. I did dload the vidora ipod converter program. It said that I also needed to dload a dvd decrypter program and it gave links to them. I dloaded that also. Also I decrypted the dvd I went to the vidora ipod converter program and I followed the steps as best I could but when it got to the point where I have to pick which file to convert I can't find the right one. On the demo it shows picking the ts_video folder or something like that...well when I pick that it opens to a bunch of other files and I'm not sure which one to pick. On the instruction demo it shows picking a file that is in Windows media player format. Somehow I converted a little bonus feature on the dvd but I never could find the file for the actual movie. I figured I could also use dvdshrink to the files so that they wouldnt be so large because for some reason I don't have enough memory on my D drive to use the victora ipod converter. I wish this stuff was so much easier to use haha. The little instructions for the vidora ipod converter is not very clear, it just gives one example. I just want to watch the movies I've already bought on my ipod so I can watch the movies when I'm at school! Is that to much to ask for!!!! Just kidding. Well I do appriciate all the help you have given me Admin. Sorry for being so stupid at this stuff haha. Thanks everyone bye!

Comment

• admin
              Administrator
              • Nov 2001

Matt.Doshier: Since you started talking about DVD Decrpting and DVD Shrink, then as I said, I cannot help you anymore. If this is the part of the process you are having trouble with, then I suggest you search Google for help in relation to DVD ripping, since we cannot provide help on this topic here due to legal reasons.

Thread closed.

Comment

Working...