X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • intotherain
    • Feb 2008

1 year of torture... :(

Hi guys,

Am I glad to find you huge and informative forum... I've been trying to fix my pc for the last year now with out any successes..

I can't play around 50% of the movies/vids I download and a lot of streaming vids are so fidget that it makes it impossible to see.

I'm ready to fully submit myself to you guys to do a complete fix on my pc- following your instructions.

This is a cry to help- please help me set my pc correctly.
    Just tell me what to do and I'll do it.

I think I need to get some softwere which will clean the codec's and registry's of previews attempts.

Looking forward to your help and instruction.

THANKS
  • blutach
    Not a god of digital video
    • Oct 2004

First, re-acquaint yourself with the rules - especially rules 6 and 19. We don't discuss movie downloads here.

You'll need to describe your problems in more detail. A good anti virus and antispyware scan is also recommended.

Regards
    Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
    [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• intotherain
      • Feb 2008

Originally Posted by blutach

First, re-acquaint yourself with the rules - especially rules 6 and 19. We don't discuss movie downloads here.

You'll need to describe your problems in more detail. A good anti virus and antispyware scan is also recommended.

Regards
      Sorry about that.
      First off, I have an excellent spyware and antivirus programs...
      My problem is quite simple (I believe)- I'm not able to play a lot of the video files I have. It's clearly a codec problem. To overcome this problem I tried downloading a lot of codec packs- Ace mega, Cole2k, Xp and more....
      I erased and reinstalled them a couple of times to try and fix it and I think my computer codec's are now a big mess..
      I'm trying to get help from you guys on how to first- clean my computer codec/registry whatever ( I have no idea what else should I clean..)
      Secondly- after I finish the cleaning tesk (with your kindly assistence) I will then need your help in downloading and setting the right codec's / programs so I could see all of the video files I have and will have.

This is a cry for help....
      please help.

Thanks.

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

first gut the codecs, it may be too late? use add and remove programs first

then there are speciality programs like codec sniper, but they can also be dangerous in the wrong hands

what OS and browser are you using? versions?

Comment

• intotherain
          • Feb 2008

My OS is winxp version-2002 (could be? my laptop is less then 8 months..) and I have an internet expolrer 6.0.2900.

If the os version doesn't make sense then please tell me how to check for my right version.

Thank you for your help!

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

after doing the add and remove codec packages

Video forums, video software downloads, guides, blu-ray players and media.

use this to see what's left, careful tho about what you remove

I fixed some issues with an upgrade to media player 10

I then use the latest ffdshow

FFDShow 1.3.4534 x64 : FFDShow is a powerful codec pack that enhances your multimedia experience by providing support for a wide range of audio and video formats.

of course nero vision may have added something to the mix

Comment

• intotherain
              • Feb 2008

I'm a bit afraid with using the snipper- I don't want to remove things that will harm my system...
              I'm not sure how the sniper works but in case it will produce a list for me to choose from what to delete then could I take a screen photo and send it to you so you can tell me what to delete?

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

looks for ok's
                0#Direct Show#Annodex Mux Filter#C:\Program Files\illiminable\oggcodecs\dsfAnxMux.dll#-##ok
                1#Direct Show#DivX Decoder Filter#C:\WINDOWS\system32\Divxdec.ax#-#5.0.5.830#ok
                2#Direct Show#CMML Decode Filter#C:\Program Files\illiminable\oggcodecs\dsfCMMLDecoder.dll#-##ok
                3#Direct Show#CMML Raw Source Filter#C:\Program Files\illiminable\oggcodecs\dsfCMMLRawSource.dll#-##ok
                4#Direct Show#FLAC Decode Filter#C:\Program Files\illiminable\oggcodecs\dsfFLACDecoder.dll#-##ok
                5#Direct Show#FLAC Encode Filter#C:\Program Files\illiminable\oggcodecs\dsfFLACEncoder.dll#-##ok
                6#Direct Show#Native FLAC Source Filter#C:\Program Files\illiminable\oggcodecs\dsfNativeFLACSource.dl l#-##ok
                7#Direct Show#Ogg Demux Packet Source Filter#C:\Program Files\illiminable\oggcodecs\dsfOggDemux2.dll#-##ok
                8#Direct Show#Ogg Mux Filter#C:\Program Files\illiminable\oggcodecs\dsfOggMux.dll#-##ok
                9#Direct Show#OGM Decode Filter#C:\Program Files\illiminable\oggcodecs\dsfOGMDecoder.dll#-##ok
                10#Direct Show#Speex Decode Filter#C:\Program Files\illiminable\oggcodecs\dsfSpeexDecoder.dll#-##ok
                11#Direct Show#Speex Encode Filter#C:\Program Files\illiminable\oggcodecs\dsfSpeexEncoder.dll#-##ok
                12#Direct Show#Subtitle VMR9 Filter#C:\Program Files\illiminable\oggcodecs\dsfSubtitleVMR9.dll#-##ok
                13#Direct Show#Theora Decode Filter#C:\Program Files\illiminable\oggcodecs\dsfTheoraDecoder.dll#-##ok
                14#Direct Show#Theora Encode Filter#C:\Program Files\illiminable\oggcodecs\dsfTheoraEncoder.dll#-##ok
                15#Direct Show#Vorbis Decode Filter#C:\Program Files\illiminable\oggcodecs\dsfVorbisDecoder.dll#-##ok
                16#Direct Show#Vorbis Encode Filter#C:\Program Files\illiminable\oggcodecs\dsfVorbisEncoder.dll#-##ok
                17#Direct Show#WMT MuxDeMux Filter#C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\wmm2filt.dll#-#2, 1, 4026, 0#ok
                18#Direct Show#ffdshow Video Decoder#C:\Program Files\ffdshow\ffdshow.ax#-#1.0.5.1750#ok
                19#Direct Show#ffdshow raw video filter#C:\Program Files\ffdshow\ffdshow.ax#-#1.0.5.1750#ok
                20#Direct Show#Nero Scene Detector 2#C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeSceneDetector.ax#-#3,2,0,30#ok
                21#Direct Show#ffdshow Audio Decoder#C:\Program Files\ffdshow\ffdshow.ax#-#1.0.5.1750#ok
                22#Direct Show#CyberLink DVD Navigator#C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\NavFilter\CLNAVX.ax#-#5.00.0603#ok
                23#Direct Show#Nero Digital Audio Decoder#C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeAudio.ax#-#3, 2, 0, 30#ok
                24#Direct Show#DV Scenes#C:\PROGRA~1\Ahead\NeroVision\NVDV.dll#-#3, 0, 2, 1#ok
                25#Direct Show#Screen Capture filter#C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmpsrcwp.dll#-#10.00.00.3646#ok
                26#Direct Show#WMT AudioAnalyzer#C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\wmm2filt.dll#-#2, 1, 4026, 0#ok
                27#Direct Show#Indeo® video 5.10 Compression Filter#C:\WINDOWS\system32\ir50_32.dll#-#R.5.10.15.2.55#ok
                28#Direct Show#Cucusoft DataExtractor#C:\WINDOWS\system32\ir50_32.dll#-#R.5.10.15.2.55#ok
                29#Direct Show#Windows Media Audio Decoder#C:\WINDOWS\system32\msadds32.ax#-#8.00.00.4487#ok
                30#Direct Show#RealVideo Decoder#C:\Program Files\Cucusoft\avi-dvd-pro\Filter\RealMedia.dll#-#1, 0, 0, 9#ok
                31#Direct Show#AC3 Parser Filter#C:\WINDOWS\system32\mpg2splt.ax#-##ok
                32#Direct Show#WMT Format Conversion#C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\wmm2filt.dll#-#2, 1, 4026, 0#ok
                33#Direct Show#WMT Black Frame Generator#C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\wmm2filt.dll#-#2, 1, 4026, 0#ok
                34#Direct Show#Nero Resize#C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeResize.ax#-#3, 2, 0, 30#ok
                35#Direct Show#Indeo® video 5.10 Decompression Filter#C:\WINDOWS\system32\ir50_32.dll#-#R.5.10.15.2.55#ok
                36#Direct Show#WMT Screen Capture filter#C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\wmm2filt.dll#-#2, 1, 4026, 0#ok
                37#Direct Show#Microsoft Screen Video Decompressor#C:\WINDOWS\system32\msscds32.ax#-#8.00.00.4487#ok
                38#Direct Show#MPEG Layer-3 Decoder#C:\WINDOWS\system32\L3CODECX.AX#-#1, 5, 0, 50#ok
                39#Direct Show#Nero Audio Stream Renderer#C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeRender.ax#-#3,2,0,30#ok
                40#Direct Show#MPEG-2 Splitter#C:\WINDOWS\system32\mpg2splt.ax#-##ok
                41#Direct Show#CyberLink Audio Effect#C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\AudioFilter\claudfx.ax#-#5.00.0602#ok
                42#Direct Show#ACELP.net Sipro Lab Audio Decoder#C:\WINDOWS\system32\acelpdec.ax#-#1.40#ok
                43#Direct Show#Nero Digital AVC Audio Encoder#C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeNDAud.ax#-#3, 2, 0, 30#ok
                44#Direct Show#Nero Digital AVC File Writer#C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeNDMux.ax#-#3, 2, 0, 30#ok
                45#Direct Show#Nero Digital AVC Null Renderer#C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeNDMux.ax#-#3, 2, 0, 30#ok
                46#Direct Show#Nero Digital AVC Muxer#C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeNDMux.ax#-#3, 2, 0, 30#ok
                47#Direct Show#Nero Digital AVC Video Enc#C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeNDMux.ax#-#3, 2, 0, 30#ok
                48#Direct Show#CyberLink Line21 Decoder Filter#C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\VideoFilter\CLLine21.ax#-#4.0.3002 #ok
                49#Direct Show#_ VSO Preview Filter#C:\Program Files\vso\common\VsoVprev.ax#-#1.1.5.31#ok
                50#Direct Show#File Source (Netshow URL)#C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmpasf.dll#-#10.00.00.3646#ok
                51#Direct Show#Nero Digital AVC Subpicture Enc#C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeNDMux.ax#-#3, 2, 0, 30#ok
                52#Direct Show#Nero Format Converter#C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeroFormatConv.ax#-#3, 2, 0, 30#ok
                53#Direct Show#WMT Import Filter#C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\wmm2filt.dll#-#2, 1, 4026, 0#ok
                54#Direct Show#Bitmap Generate#C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\wmm2filt.dll#-#2, 1, 4026, 0#ok
                55#Direct Show#Windows Media Video Decoder#C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmvds32.ax#-#8.00.00.4487#ok
                56#Direct Show#Windows Media Video Decoder#C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmv8ds32.ax#-#8.0.0.4000#ok
                57#Direct Show#Nero Photo Source#C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NePhotoSource.ax#-#3,2,0,30#ok
                58#Direct Show#CyberLink AudioCD Filter#C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\AudioFilter\CLAudioCD.ax#-#5.00.0603 #ok
                59#Direct Show#WMT VIH2 Fix#C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\wmm2filt.dll#-#2, 1, 4026, 0#ok
                60#Direct Show#Nero Video Analyzer#C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeVideoAnalyzer.ax#-#3,2,0,30#ok
                61#Direct Show#Record Queue#C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\wmm2filt.dll#-#2, 1, 4026, 0#ok
                62#Direct Show#DV Source Filter#C:\PROGRA~1\Ahead\NeroVision\NVDV.dll#-#3, 0, 2, 1#ok
                63#Direct Show#Nero Audio CD Filter#C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeAudCD.ax#-#3,2,0,30#ok
                64#Direct Show#Windows Media Multiplexer#C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmpasf.dll#-#10.00.00.3646#ok
                65#Direct Show#ASX file Parser#C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmpasf.dll#-#10.00.00.3646#ok
                66#Direct Show#ASX v.2 file Parser#C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmpasf.dll#-#10.00.00.3646#ok
                67#Direct Show#NSC file Parser#C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmpasf.dll#-#10.00.00.3646#ok
                68#Direct Show#Windows Media source filter#C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmpasf.dll#-#10.00.00.3646#ok
                69#Direct Show#Frame Eater#C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\wmm2filt.dll#-#2, 1, 4026, 0#ok
                70#Direct Show#Nero DVD Navigator#C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeDVD.ax#-#3, 2, 0, 30#ok
                71#Direct Show#WST Decoder#C:\WINDOWS\system32\wstdecod.dll#-#5.3.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)#ok
                72#Direct Show#RealMedia Source#C:\Program Files\Cucusoft\avi-dvd-pro\Filter\RealMedia.dll#-#1, 0, 0, 9#ok
                73#Direct Show#Nero Audio Sample Renderer#C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeRender.ax#-#3,2,0,30#ok
                74#Direct Show#Nero Vcd Navigator#C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeVcd.ax#-#3,2,0,30#ok
                75#Direct Show#DivX Decoder Filter#C:\WINDOWS\system32\Divxdec.ax#-#5.0.5.830#ok
                76#Direct Show#Nero Audio Processor#C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeAudioConv.ax#-#3, 2, 0, 30#ok
                77#Direct Show#WMT Sample Information Filter#C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\wmm2filt.dll#-#2, 1, 4026, 0#ok
                78#Direct Show#Nero Mpeg2 Encoder#C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeVCR.ax#-#3, 2, 0, 30#ok
                79#Direct Show#VBI Surface Allocator#C:\WINDOWS\system32\vbisurf.ax#-#5.3.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)#ok
                80#Direct Show#Microsoft MPEG-4 Video Decompressor#C:\WINDOWS\system32\mpg4ds32.ax#-#8.00.00.4487#ok
                81#Direct Show#Nero Video Stream Renderer#C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeRender.ax#-#3,2,0,30#ok
                82#Direct Show#Nero PS Muxer#C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NePSMuxer.ax#-#3,2,0,30#ok
                83#Direct Show#WMT Log Filter#C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\wmm2filt.dll#-#2, 1, 4026, 0#ok
                84#Direct Show#WMT Virtual Renderer#C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\wmm2filt.dll#-#2, 1, 4026, 0#ok
                85#Direct Show#RealAudio Decoder#C:\Program Files\Cucusoft\avi-dvd-pro\Filter\RealMedia.dll#-#1, 0, 0, 9#ok
                86#Direct Show#ffdshow VFW decoder helper#C:\WINDOWS\system32\ffdshow.ax#-#1, 0, 0, 1#ok
                \ff_vfw.dll#vidc.ffds##ok

Comment

• intotherain
                  • Feb 2008

Hi,

I captured the entire list it popped. Now I know it's a big ask but do you mind looking over the list in windows paint or what not and then just mark in red the ones to delete... That will just be wonderfull..

Thank you so so much!

EDIT

Damn, I can't put the picture in full size... I've uploaded it instead. here you go- http://rapidshare.com/files/95257898/codec.rar.html
                  thx
                  Last edited by intotherain; 27 Feb 2008, 02:24 PM. Reason: problem posting picture

Comment

• Chewy
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2003

You wouldn't want me to

Start comparing to mine, I only pasted 2/3's of it

I have never used it to fix something myself, I learned long ago to just install the bare necessities, beats reloading the OS

Comment

• intotherain
                      • Feb 2008

I'm scared of using it. What should I remove? I have no idea from where to start.... from 244 who are installed lonly 3 are broken.. what does it mean?

Comment

• Chewy
                        Super Moderator
                        • Nov 2003

broken is safe to remove

Comment

• intotherain
                          • Feb 2008

ok, but what else to remove? I really have no idea

Comment

• Chewy
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2003

save the list as sniper.txt

go advanced

attach

Comment

• intotherain
                              • Feb 2008

Sorry. I read what you wrote but I don't understand what you mean. I'm a bit slow today do forgive me

Comment

Working...