X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BR7
    He is coming to your little town!
    • Aug 2005

Firefox Problem

Once in a blue moon when I shut down FF and come back an hour or so later,I get an error saying FF is still running and that I need to restart my PC.What can I do to stop this? because when it does this it clears the cache and that's HELL for a dial upper like my self,things go slow enough

My Blu-ray Collection
  • browneye
    jack of all trades - master of some
    • Mar 2007

Well until you nail down the problem, you can always do cntrl-alt-del click into the processes tab and make sure firefox.exe has stopped after shutting it down. If not end the process and see what happens.

Comment

• Dan
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Dec 2005

Hey BR7, not sure if your problem is identical to this, but it may be worth trying.

Firefox did not shut down normally

The most common cause is Firefox not shutting down normally. It might still be running in the background (even though its not visible). Restart your computer to see if the problem goes away.

If simply restarting didn't help, it may be that Firefox previously exited without deleting the lock file.

1. Restart your computer. After it restarts, don't try to start Firefox.
      2. Open the profile folder.
      * For information on finding your profile folder, see Profiles.
      3. Delete the lock file:
      * (Windows) parent.lock
      o If you attempt to delete the parent.lock file and receive the error, "Cannot delete parent: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable", restart the computer and run the error-checking tool Chkdsk (Windows 2000, XP) or ScanDisk (Windows 98, ME)
      * (Mac) .parentlock
      o You need to use a free utility like Onyx or Maintain to turn on visibility for invisible files to show .parentlock. This file contains no information, and deleting it will unlock the profile.
      * (Linux) .parentlock
      o You will need to turn on the display of hidden files. In the File Browser window, select the View menu and make sure Show Hidden Files is checked.
      LINK

Comment

• BR7
        He is coming to your little town!
        • Aug 2005

THANK YOU!!!
        Dan

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• Dan
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by BR7
          THANK YOU!!!
          Dan
          You're quite welcome BR7, hope it works for you.

Comment

Working...