• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • atifsh
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2003

my first real vista install/fix hurdle

vista doesnt have option like xp r [repair] where it actually repair all files almost same as installation but leave my documents and other stuff as is.

vista dont have that option....

friend of mine just left his laptop, he installed xp on seperate parttion and then deleted that partition, now vista dont start, i think its not fnding the partition where it was installed, because he deleted the dell media direct partion aswell thus maybe vista become confused that where it was installed...
    Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!
  • locoeng
    Who Farted?
    • Dec 2005

I could've sworn I'd reparied Vista before....see if one of these help you out

How To Perform a Repair Installation For Vista This will allow you to repair your Vista installation and keep all of your personal user account files, settings, and programs. You will be performing a Upgrade Install from within your currently running Vista. You will have to use the exact same...

How to Do a Startup Repair in Vista Startup Repair is a Vista recovery tool that can fix certain problems, such as missing or damaged system files, that might prevent Vista from starting correctly. When you run Startup Repair, it scans your computer for the problem and then tries to fix it so...

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
    Walt Kelly

Comment

• atifsh
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2003

as stupid as it may sound... after 1 hour i found it was'nt vista's fault that it could'nt repair itself, tried all repair methods including manually tring to fix bootmgr frm command prompt... but after i gave up and put his harddisk in external case to save his data ... cause saving and installing new vista would be faster.... i found his drive partition was hidden...

unhide it and there u go vista booted

Comment

• locoeng
        Who Farted?
        • Dec 2005

lmao....btw, old versions of windows should be located at C:windows.old

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
        Walt Kelly

Comment

• atifsh
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • May 2003

not that problem, the harddrive partition was hidden... u get windows.old when u install new windows on same partition and not want ur old files being removed.

Comment

Working...