• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Derree
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Jul 2005

Help with sister in laws computer problem

So my sister in law had a problem with her computer that every time she tried to start it she would get this message
    The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected
    Error. Windows Installation cannot proceed,. To install Window, click
    “OK” to restart the computer, and then restart the installation.
    I went over to see what I could do and I just used system restore and that seemed to help, so then later that day she decided that the second computer that they have was old and she would recycle that one and buy a new one. So she went out and bought a new pc and is getting that very same error when she tries to start it up, so now I am really confused...the only thing I can think of is it is her wireless network that caused it..but even when she unhooked that device she is getting the same error..how could this be on the new computer as well? Any help would be great
    sigpic

Turn down the suck...Turn up the
    good
    -------------------------------------------
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

the same thing trashed both computers, getting the truth out of them will be hard

but I am sure stooie can do it

maybe bad power but I doubt it

Comment

• Derree
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Jul 2005

Thanks Chooie here is a bit of an update, when she is now trying to turn on the older pc it will not even turn on at this point, so maybe the power might be the thing, but why would that affect both pc's? At this point she is taking the new one back to the store to exchange it...and if it happens with the third on then we know for 100% sure that its not the pc right now...as it is I am at least 90% sure that its not...
      sigpic

Turn down the suck...Turn up the
      good
      -------------------------------------------

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

bad power strips, low voltage, who knows

but like you suspect it might just be coincidence

Comment

• ed klein
          Banned
          • Mar 2004

Wireless network and incorrect settings, not likely commercial AC power supply, they have very tight control over voltage and current draw, many back-up circumventions at the control center.

If it was commercial AC supply you would notice it in all of your other 115-120 volt AC appliances, including lights.
          Last edited by ed klein; 2 Sep 2008, 01:50 AM.

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

I have lived in houses with neutral and hot switched on a circuit or two, big problems with computers, shock the pee out of you too, my dad had some real issues with power for his whole house, brown outs, burned up refrig compressor, etc, like any industry they have their share of idiots and worn out equiptment. Loose fuse on the transformer!

Many aluminum supply connectors weren't seated properly with paste when they were first installed.

Lights usualy dim when a large AC compressor kicks on.

Comment

• dr_ml422
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • May 2007

Hi Derre. Did you or your sister install the os yourselves? If so and if you cancelled at some point and then tried to turn on her pc w/what was on there you would get that error message. To fix that you would have to set up your pc to boot to the cd-rom and do a clean install. Now as far as the pc not turning on I have no clue. I had that same problem the other day on my mce 2005 and that fixed that part for me.
              SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

Working...