X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Dell 24" for $USD 191 (Australia)

Just purchased a Dell S2409W 24" for $AUD 255.18 from dell.com.au. This monitor has 1920x1080 resolution plus HDMI input, 5ms response time. It's not the best 24" on the market, but at this price, there's no other available (other than second hand ones).

Dell have it on sale for $AUD 319 ($80 off), which is already quite low. But there is also a small business coupon floating around that can get you a further 20% discount to bring the price to $255.18 (it's technically for QuickBook users only, so Dell may reneg). You must purchase the monitor from the small business section of Dell for the coupon to work. And you get free delivery as well!

The exact same monitor is on sale at Dell's US website for $US 329!

More detail of this deal here:

Deal: Dell S2409W 24" Widescreen HD Flat Panel Monitor - $255.18 after SMALL BUSINESS DISCOUNT, Store: Dell, Code: RS7S3VM5RVJS3Q, Category: Computing
    Last edited by admin; 6 Oct 2008, 03:34 PM.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • atifsh
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2003

sweet...... my 22" viewsonic was round 280 $ US equivalent
    Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• admin
      Administrator
      • Nov 2001

The problems with this monitor is that it's a TN panel, and that it's not the usual 16:10 (1920x1200) ratio/resolution of other monitors of this size. The positives of a 16:9 monitor is that it fits well with Blu-ray/Xbox 360/PS3 input, and the added HDMI input makes that possible.

But for less than $200, one can hardly complain too much.

Comment

• atifsh
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2003

its a matter of time when u get use to it, when widescreen came not everyone liked it.
        it looked weird to many still few cant stand it, they r used to their squre screen.

16:9 supported by graphcs right? i have yet to see one myself running otherthen when i hook up laptop to lcd tv and sometime it works sometime it dont some driver scalling issue i think.

Comment

• admin
          Administrator
          • Nov 2001

I think 1080p (1920x1080) is supported, but I will most likely use it at a lower resolution for now until I get a new computer that can do it justice. Also need a new Xbox 360, one with HDMI, so I can play games through it without having to use the main TV all the time.

Comment

• atifsh
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • May 2003

Originally Posted by admin
            I will most likely use it at a lower resolution for now until I get a new computer that can do it justice.
            in start iv used 1440x900 for few months but found the max native resolution is one with best pic quality, but small fonts and text, now that im used to it and use larger text in browser im using viewsonics max 1680x1050.

Comment

• admin
              Administrator
              • Nov 2001

Got the monitor today. It's hard getting used to how wide the thing is. Using it at 1600x900 at the moment just to get used to things before bumping it up to 1920x1080. Looks great though, both screen and the monitor it self. I'm upgrading from a 4 year old 19" Samsung (25ms reponse time!), so it's a huge improvement.

Comment

Working...