Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MerlinReturned
    • Oct 2008

Mpg4vki - Notepad

I just installed a Geniatech X8000T DVBT card. After some initial problems some crashing the machine (Windows XP SP3) I manage to have the TV working (I am not too sure how). But now whenever I start the computer before the Startup programs start to appear I get a note pad document printed: headed Mpg4vki - Notepad : Microsoft MPEG-4 VKI Video Codec install. What is the meaning and what is the cure?
  • atifsh
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2003

look for any startup program u have thats doing this, also look for any hidden or non hidden autoexec file in ur root drive thats doing it. if all failes check registry for startup programs that u think should'nt be there
    Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• MerlinReturned
      • Oct 2008

How do I do

Thank you for your message. How do I identify start program in the rgistry? I am sorry for my ignorance.

Comment

• atifsh
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2003

in that case type msconfig in run and check startup tab.. and use printscreen and send the picture
        Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• MerlinReturned
          • Oct 2008

Resolved

Thank you for your information.
          I did just that, saw an odd entry, went into registry, found the item, deleted it. Problem solved.(Well it took me two days)
          Thank you

Comment

Working...