• Show
Clear All
  • gonwk
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

Nero - Roxio - Cyberlink DVD Suite

Hi folks,

I have few questions regarding installing these softwares on my laptop ...

My laptop has come with "Cyberlick DVD Suite" ... which also has the capability of burning CDs and DVDs.

Q1: If I choose to install NERO and Roxio on this laptop would these 2 software "Conflict" with each other and cause problem(s)?

Q2: Will having all of the three softwares "Nero - Roxio - Cyberlink DVD Suite" side by side cause any conflicts?

Q3: From the 3 Softwares which is the BEST?

Q4: If I want to choose to add only "NERO 7 Premium" or "Roxio Easy CD & DVD Burning" ... which one would you suggest?
    I guess NERO 7 Premium would have more Features!?!?

Thanks,

G!
  • soup
    Just Trying To Help
    • Nov 2005

If I was looking at programs for a laptop, I would be looking at programs that do what you need them to do, but have a small footprint.

Comment

• ipaulo
      • Apr 2006

I would have to say yes,yes, none and none. I had Roxio a long time ago and it gave me alot of problems. I personally would not use any of those programs. Why not stick to the free ones like Imgburn and Media Player Classic. The only program I ever really use from Nero is their Showtime.

Comment

• doctorhardware
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Dec 2006

I have Cyberlink and Nero on my laptop, and I have no problems. As long as you do not try to use both at the same time. I use to have Roxio but the quality of the burns were dismal, so I quit using Roxio.
        Last edited by doctorhardware; 10 Dec 2008, 11:10 AM.
        Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• gonwk
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Dec 2005

Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedback.

Well, I guess I might not be using ImgBurn "Full Power" ... since I have alwyas "only" used it for ISO burns and nothing else. Heck I have not even tried the Build mode of it. I don't even know if you can burn CDs with it ... not experimented with it that much. I strictly use to burn ISO's.

I currently on my old desktop have the OEM Nero 6 and I love it since I can copy CDs and make Data DVDs and make even DVD home made clips.

Since I have got a free upgrade thru one time deal and have received the NERO Ulitmate 7 ... I was thinking to load that on my new laptop to play around and learn it.

Vista Home Premium already comes with "Windows Movie-Maker" which is really a nice program ... again I have not really delve into it.

So ... my laptop is strictly for Surfing and Video & Audio work and Light Gaming until I get me a Desktop or Build me one!

Thanks,

G!

Comment

• doctorhardware
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Dec 2006

Build one that way you know what you are getting.

Comment

• ipaulo
              • Apr 2006

Yes I agree with both soup and doc. Since it's a laptop I would go with the smallest footprint. And on your next desktop build it yourself and make it a quad-core, you'll be glad you did. You'll also have more options when you decide to upgrade.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                Eclectician
                • Nov 2006

From what I understand the newer versions of Imgburn will do audio discs. I like to stay with 2.3.2.0 and do my audio cds with either CDBurnerXP or Burrrn. Don't know if they work with Vista x64 but they both work on Home Premium 32 bit. Both have native .flac support too.

Comment

• soup
                  Just Trying To Help
                  • Nov 2005

This might help as far as audio is concerned.

NOTE: This Guide only applies to ImgBurn 2.4.0.0+ and is for burning a *proper* Audio CD (typically 80 minutes worth of audio) that's playable in any standalone CD player. If you want to burn MP3 files for playback in an MP3 ready CD player, just add the files in Build mode and ignore this guide....

Comment

• gonwk
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • Dec 2005

Guys,

I am seriously thinking risking screwing my Gateway Laptop up ... but downgrading to Vista 32-bit or even XP Pro ...

Problem with Screwy Gateway is that they DO NOT have all the drivers on their Stupid Support site for XP and may be even some of the drivers under Vista 32. Go Figure.

G!

Comment

• doctorhardware
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • Dec 2006

Gonwk, what I would do is get a program that will do a complete image of your hard drive. Do this before you downgrade to 32 bit version of vista. I use Acronis true image just to do a complete image. That way when I am working on stuff that may cause harm to the OS I do not worry at all. All I do is to install the drive back into the laptop and format the drive that I had just taken out of the laptop.
                      Last edited by doctorhardware; 11 Dec 2008, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• gonwk
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • Dec 2005

Hi Doc,

Thanks for the tip ... I'll check into the Acronis! Is this a freeware or what!?!?

G!

Comment

• doctorhardware
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • Dec 2006

Unfortunately no, it is not freeware. Go to the western digital and download the Data lifeguard tools it is freeware and it does work with other drives.

Comment

Working...