Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tonysmith1929
    • Nov 2005

Dvi ????

HI Have just ordered a nice new monitor which has DVI D. My PC seems to have DVI 1 (or DVI I).. Will supplied DVI cable be OK, or do I need an adapter ???
    Thanks hopefully.......And Happy Xmas to all.
  • dr_ml422
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2007

You'll be fine. DVI-D is just pure digital signal. DVI-I is both VGA and DVi so it'll switch to VGA if your monitor was VGA. What monitor did you end up with I'm curious? I just got mine a few months back. A Acer and it had a issue which they fixed after I sent it back.

Just remember plug in everything. Monitor cables, power etc... If you can plug the monitor into the wall socket. Don't worry about the pc and anything else. They could stay in a surge protector.

Then turn the monitor on 1st. This is important. Then turn your computer on. The monitor when 1st turned on will show w/e then go into standby mode w/different color on power button usually. Then you power your computer. Post back w/any results or issues.
    SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• tonysmith1929
      • Nov 2005

Dvi

Thanks for reply. I researched it a bit online, but was confused by so many options on sockets. Anyway all was well, it worked first go, even start screen tells me its on digital....Seems a world of difference from old 17in which was good anyway, but decided on widescreen to get whole page without sideways scrolling (this site included).
      Got the Samsung Syncmaster 2032BW (20 inch).
      Not keen on Onscreen setup,too bright, but got it as I like now,10days later. Would reccomend to anyone, cheap here in UK now (£112). Lovely to play movies, dont do games though so cant say.

Thanks for advice and happy new year.....

Comment

• dr_ml422
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2007

Your welcome. You did good on the Samsung. They and Asus seem to be front runners as of late w/regards to monitors. Yes, it's a world of difference. Mine almost looks as crisp as a set LCD, and it is clearer than my analog Sony Wega.

Happy New Year as well.
        SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

Working...