X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

No Control-Enter was driving me mad!

I don't know why they took it out, but not having Control-Enter open selected items in Explorer in new windows was driving me mad!!

I ran off a little macro doohicky to sit in the system tray. If you press Control-Enter while it's running, it checks that the active window is an Explorer window. If it is, it launches all the selections. If they are folders they should each open in a new window. If they are files the associated program should open with them. Just like XP!!

If you would like to use it, you can get it on
    FavesSoft Downloads page.

It comes with a little setup program and has an uninstaller.
    I don't have W7 running anymore to try it on but it seems to
    work fine in my 32 bit Vista.
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

I found a tip on a blog that if you minimize the Folders pane on the left of Explorer window, then Control Enter works like in XP again. I tried it and it seems to work. However it doesn't seem to "stick" when you open a new explorer window.

Just thought I'd pass it on.

Comment

• MilesAhead
      Eclectician
      • Nov 2006

btw now both the ControlEnter function to open folders in new windows like XP, and ShiftEnter to open folders in 32 bit shell, are in one Vista program: Half Shell. Here's the page:

This website is for sale! favessoft.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, favessoft.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

Working...