• Show
Clear All
  • gonwk
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

Windows Media Player Added Righ-Click without Notice

Hi folks,

I just noticed on my Vista Home Prem. 64-Bit that somehow (mysteriously) Windows Media Player on it's own (I assume) has added the follwoing Shortcuts to my "Start Button" and the "Explorer" Right-Click function ...

shortcuts are as follows:
    - Add to Windows Media Player List
    - Play with Windows Media Player List
    - Shop for Music Online

Q1: How can I Uninstall the above shortcuts the right way?
    Without uninstalling WMP11 ... since it came with my Vista and I do NOT have the Program Install CD.

Q2: Can you guess how in the world it got installed or activated?
    Since I sure as heck did not activate it ... knowingly anyway?

Thanks,

G!
  • dr_ml422
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2007

Put that computer on ebay and get it over with Master gonwk. Just go str8 to 7 or stay w/XP. I know you got it w/Vista Premium but it's spilled milk right now. Can't you disable WMP on your computer and use one of the free alternatives?
    SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• gonwk
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by dr_ml422
      Put that computer on ebay and get it over with Master gonwk. Just go str8 to 7 or stay w/XP. I know you got it w/Vista Premium but it's spilled milk right now. Can't you disable WMP on your computer and use one of the free alternatives?
      Hi dr_ml,

How have you been!?!?

So, I see this is just a feature of Vista Home Prem!?!? But that is weird ... I did not have it when I 1st got the darn laptop. So, somehow I must have triggered the darn feature ... or Microsoft somehow as usual in their Sneaky way activiated the feature during the Normal Updates.

BTW, if I had your Money $$$ ... I would just throw this baby in the Trash Can and start from scratch!

Thanks,

G!

Comment

• dr_ml422
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2007

You ever build? If not join the club. You'll love it and it will lead to side $$$. Most are lazy to study computers and rather let them die or call Geek Sqad. Either way they lose.

You could snatch a part here n there and create alil monster for yourself. It's not that hard and Google and fellas here to help.

I will be spending some $$$ in caribbean. Long overdue. Chilly n rainy here in Apple.
        SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

Working...