X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Junkie_ball
    • Jan 2004

Yellow Hue Help

Hi,

Had my computer running decided to take a shower when i came back i had a yellow hue across the complete display. I've restart, shutdown etc and still the same thing. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've noted the yellow hue is straight from start-up (ie post screen yellow).

I'm confident it isn't the monitor as i used a 32 inch lcd tv and the tv colours seems perfectly fine. Could this be a dodgey cable or worse still graphics card? Any idea appreciated.
    SYSTEM:

Pentioum Duo 6400, 8 GB Ram, 500Gb Hardrive, 32x DVD Rom, 16 x TCorp Duel Layer Burner, Geforce 7900GTX.

Bow to the gods of Digital-Digest

http://www.wix.com/martinhopkins/designandphotography
  • doctorhardware
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2006

I do not quite understand, you said that the 32" LCD TV that you used is fine. If that is the case the problem would point to the monitor. It is very rare that a cable will go bad that is not constantly being connected and disconnected. But if you connected the computer to the 32" LCD and had the same color problem that would point to the video card.
    Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• Junkie_ball
      • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by doctorhardware
      I do not quite understand, you said that the 32" LCD TV that you used is fine. If that is the case the problem would point to the monitor. It is very rare that a cable will go bad that is not constantly being connected and disconnected. But if you connected the computer to the 32" LCD and had the same color problem that would point to the video card.
      Sorry for not being clear i use the 32" inch TV as my monitor. When i switch it back to TV mode the colour is correct??
      SYSTEM:

Pentioum Duo 6400, 8 GB Ram, 500Gb Hardrive, 32x DVD Rom, 16 x TCorp Duel Layer Burner, Geforce 7900GTX.

Comment

• doctorhardware
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Dec 2006

Yes it is your video card.
        Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• Junkie_ball
          • Jan 2004

Strangely came back tonight and tried a different DV-I adapter everything seems to be ok (Although still yellow with the original adapter connected). I then plugged the original DV-I adapter i had in my computer assuming this is what caused the yellow hue into another computer and that one is also working fine in that computer but not on mine?
          SYSTEM:

Comment

Working...