Core temp tells me Dell is not Intel architecture?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dr_ml422
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2007

Core temp tells me Dell is not Intel architecture?

I loaded Core Temp yesterday and today and it kept telling me my Dell doesn't have A Intel Chip Architecture. How that could be I don't know since it says it comes w/a Pentium 4. So what can anyone point me too that'll maybe land me a new Dell if this is true. I know, I know, it's a Dell...
    SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

I don't think Core Temp does P4. I had a couple of HP machines with P4 and Core Temp wouldn't run on either. Doesn't support hyperthread technology

You have to actually have multiple cores. For that reason I was using FanSpeed just to read the temp. You have to be careful with FanSpeed and experiment with versions to find which is the least flaky on P4. I don't remember it locking up my machine or anything.. just stuff acted weird on some versions and not on others.
    IOW, the latest isn't always the greatest for P4 with FanSpeed.

Comment

• admin
      Administrator
      • Nov 2001

What does CPU-Z tell you?
      Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• atifsh
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2003

coretemp only runs with core architecture.. google for coretemp alternate and ull get few.
        Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• dr_ml422
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • May 2007

Hi guys. This is what cpu-z says. Let me know if any funny business. Heard rumors Dell uses refurbished parts, but not 100% on that. Doubt they would straight out of box. Anything's possible.
          Attached Files

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

Everest home free for older computers is probably best all round for temps and voltages

Comment

• dr_ml422
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • May 2007

Hi Chewy. I knew it came up before on some app. I was concerned w/core temp telling me it's not Intel Architecture. Prolly it's core's way of saying it's not compatible w/my Dell?

The cpuz HWMonitor brings up only the hdd, but then again nothing much to bring up from this Dell E3100. I'm going to hit my specs up on a other issue b4 I post. Need some clarification on what exactly this Dell's mobo can receive.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                Eclectician
                • Nov 2006

The HT you see in the screenshot is Hyperthread Technology that I mentioned. Core Temp won't do diddly on that CPU.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • May 2007

Originally Posted by MilesAhead
                  The HT you see in the screenshot is Hyperthread Technology that I mentioned. Core Temp won't do diddly on that CPU.

I got you. I was really just looking for info. In process of new mobo and specs for 7 and if possible to use in Dell w/its mobo and cpu. 32 bit that is. It booted so I saw a glimse, then I just cancelled installation. Looks nice ttytt.

Comment

Working...