Anyone know of a "Full Screen" capture program?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • katzdvd
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Feb 2006

Anyone know of a "Full Screen" capture program?

I am looking for a way to capture a full screen shot.

Explanation; I purchase just about everything online, and I do a screen capture of the order for my records. Many of the websites will not fit in the capture, meaning there is a scroll bar on the side of the page.

At present, I do "F11" to get a max. window, hit printscreen, load into irfanview & save from there.

Of course, the resulting capture cuts off whatever portion is not on the screen at the time. Does anyone have a good solution for this?
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

Take a look on http://www.donationcoder.com

I believe in Mouser's zone there's clipboard software that lets you scroll and annotate. Don't be put off by the "donation" part. Any of Mouser's stuff that has a donate to enable also has a button to get a free 6 months license. Most of the stuff on the site is free and donations voluntary.

(I assume you're talking Windows here?)

Comment

• katzdvd
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Feb 2006

Yes, this is for windows. You would think there would be a simple way to do this, eppecially since we *all* shop online nowadays. No one I work with has an idea on this either. Seems odd; doesn't anyone capture the screen shot for the purchase?

I know, the companies usually send a confirmation email, but I recently was involved in a dispute where the screen shot was my proof for the shipping amount that I was incorrectly charged. If I would not have had that as a backup, I would have been out $70 on a shipping charge.

I will check out Screenshot Captor, it does look interesting.
      Last edited by katzdvd; 9 Jul 2009, 11:37 AM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
        Eclectician
        • Nov 2006

I should probably do that myself. Usually I save the page to a specific folder for my purchases but half the time it doesn't render correctly when loaded in the browser. Should just take an image.

Comment

• Junkie_ball
          • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by katzdvd
          I am looking for a way to capture a full screen shot.

Explanation; I purchase just about everything online, and I do a screen capture of the order for my records. Many of the websites will not fit in the capture, meaning there is a scroll bar on the side of the page.

At present, I do "F11" to get a max. window, hit printscreen, load into irfanview & save from there.

Of course, the resulting capture cuts off whatever portion is not on the screen at the time. Does anyone have a good solution for this?
          Just an idea could you not print using a free PDF printer (google search) and then keep a copy of your orders in PDF format. Would imagine a smaller file size too compared to a screen shot???
          SYSTEM:

Pentioum Duo 6400, 8 GB Ram, 500Gb Hardrive, 32x DVD Rom, 16 x TCorp Duel Layer Burner, Geforce 7900GTX.

Bow to the gods of Digital-Digest

http://www.wix.com/martinhopkins/designandphotography

Comment

• Junkie_ball
            • Jan 2004

If you go down this route this little freeware program may work. (can't vouch for it as not tested i use a paid version of visage i got free from a magazine some years age)

SYSTEM:

Pentioum Duo 6400, 8 GB Ram, 500Gb Hardrive, 32x DVD Rom, 16 x TCorp Duel Layer Burner, Geforce 7900GTX.

Bow to the gods of Digital-Digest

http://www.wix.com/martinhopkins/designandphotography

Comment

• PurpleDemon
              Digital Video Expert
              Digital Video Expert
              • Mar 2006

Just an idea could you not print using a free PDF printer

That's a super idea. I have Firefox and have installed THIS add on.

Works Great.

Or were you looking for something different?

Comment

• MilesAhead
                Eclectician
                • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by burrell84601
                That's a super idea. I have Firefox and have installed THIS add on.

Works Great.

Or were you looking for something different?
                It's as fast as saving the web page with better results.

Comment

• gonwk
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Dec 2005

Hi Katz,

Q: A dumb Q on my part ... when you "Buy" something they usually give you the option of printing out the Final doc ... so why go thru the headache you are going!?!? Just Curious!

But here are 2 that I have found on Freeware option ...

1) Screen Capture + Print 1.9.5.1
                  Original shareware library on the Internet, browse and download shareware, free to try and free programs for windows, macintosh, linux, mobile, pda.

Now, I have NOT used or Tested this software. Also, I would run Antivirus on it or run it thru VirusTotal ... to make sure is Legit and no Extra Free Gifts if you know what I mean.

2) Gadwin PrintScreen

I think I saw something if you use it for Personal Use then if Freeware ...
                  Looks more of Professional Caliber and more complicated.

3) Screenshot Captor
                  Freeware Microsoft Windows screenshot taking/grabbing/capturing application for power users. Optimized for large numbers of screenshots.

I am not sure if Miles meant this one, but I saw a lot of folks talking up this "Freeware" ...

Hope this was of some Help to you Katz!

G!

Comment

• katzdvd
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • Feb 2006

Hi all!

Thanks for all the great suggestions, I really appreciate it. I was looking for something very simple to use, & free of course!

So, after looking over the thread, I tried out burrell's suggestion for the FF add-on, & it worked out great. Really neat functionality, will save all of the screenshot, even the "scrolled off the screen" part & if I need to print it will do that as well.

gonwk - When I make a purchase online/pay bills, etc., I usually don't print the page; I like to save a screenshot of the transaction to a "Payments" folder, & then at the end of the year I burn a disc of that folder contents to file along with my other yearly receipts, taxes, etc.

I find that way is easier than printing out a dozen or so web pages a month.

Comment

• PurpleDemon
                      Digital Video Expert
                      Digital Video Expert
                      • Mar 2006

Glad it worked for you.

Junkie_ball's post gave me the idea. Thanks

Comment

• Barbarossa
                        • Jul 2009

I highly recommend u to try Screen VidShot. It is the best tool I've ever seen. And believe me, I've seen a lot.

Comment

• gonwk
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • Dec 2005

Hi Barborassa,

No good ... is a "Payware"! How about recommending a Freeware that works!

G!

Comment

• katzdvd
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            • Feb 2006

Just an update here - I have been using the add-on that burrell mentioned. - PrintPDF - it works great, price is right - free! I save the webpage to a folder & then when I open the saved file, I can scroll to see the entire contents of the page.

Comment

Working...