X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ed Wood
    • Aug 2012

Pre-Designed DVD Templates

Hey all!

I am using Memorex exPressit Label Design Studio to create stick on labels for DVD's that I am creating. exPressit has approximately 75 pre-designed label templates/backgrounds built into the program. I am looking for some additional pre-designed backgrounds that I can add text to to make unique labels for my projects.

I have looked at the label at cdcovers.cc, freecovers.net, and additional sites that feature the same type of labels. These all seem to be scanned copies of cd/dvd's. I am primarily looking for landscapes, city scenes, etc.

Does anyone know where I can find this artwork for dvd's? I prefer FREE artwork. Much of the artwork I have seen is just simple hand drawn artwork that would not expand to cover a cd label without looking out of proportion.

Thanks for any help you can give.
    Ed
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

I used to use a program called CD Stomper way back in the day, before I realized how awful those sticky labels were for discs.

I ended up just buying printable DVDs and CDs and an inkjet printer that could print on them.

But the CD Stomper software had a bit of templates included... I can't share them due to it being a copyrighted program, but Google is your friend.
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

• MilesAhead
      Eclectician
      • Nov 2006

You might take a look on DeviantArt
      although there's more paid than free there. Still, you may find some good ones. Fractal images might be good if they are not too "busy" and you can find colors compatible with the printed info in the foreground. Plenty of fractal stuff on Deviant Art. Also if you google you might find more free images. Mandlebrot type fractal is sort of round and should have no trouble scaling up to the size of the disc label.

I messed around with stick on labels for a short time. I just got too paranoid about one drying out and coming loose inside the drive. If you buy in bulk online discount stores like Super Media Store and the like, you can get the white latex printable type without paying much of a penalty. Then just stick 'em a printer with the disc holder attachment, as SuperCenter says.
      Last edited by MilesAhead; 20 Nov 2012, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Working...