Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LMNUCohen
    • May 2017

VSDC Pro License Options Distinctions

VSDC has 3 licenses: 1 year subscription license, standard license, lifetime license. What are the distinctions among these three license types?

Regards,
    LMCohen
  • Ninel
    • May 2017

VSDC has only two versions: VSDC Free Video Editor and VSDC PRO.
    You can purchase an annual license of the latter.
    There is no such option as a "lifetime license", unless it is some special deal/giveaway/sale announced officially by them.

Comment

• admin
      Administrator
      • Nov 2001

From their FAQ page, the subscription is limited to 2 PCs and valid for a year, so you have to renew every year to keep on using the software.

The standard license entitles you to minor updates (eg. 5.7.7 to 5.7.8), but you have to pay again for major updates (eg. from 5.x to 6.x). With a lifetime subscription, you are entitled to all major and minor updates for life.

Best bet is to email sales@videosoftdev.com and ask them directly, since the buy option on the site doesn't state very clearly whether you're buying a subscription or a standard license.
      Last edited by admin; 31 May 2017, 11:11 AM.
      Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• Ninel
        • May 2017

Guys, I happen to be from VSDC team, and I'll be happy to clarify that question for you.
        Option 1. You can use VSDC for free. You'll be receiving all the updates and bug fixes as they are being released. No limitations on that part.

Option 2. You can upgrade to VSDC PRO. VSDC PRO is an annual license and it's valid for 2 activations (in case you ever have to reinstall VSDC due to possible hardware failures). Annual license means that in a year you will need to purchase another PRO license to continue using PRO version.

There is no such option as a lifetime license available for VSDC, unless it's a limited time offer officially announced by the company or its partners.

I hope that was helpful. And yes, feel free to email VSDC sales team with any questions.

Comment

Working...