X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

HD DVD group claims it's trouncing Blu-ray

Yet more marketing rubbish. Just last week, Blu-ray said they the war is also over and that they've won (at least in Europe). Nobody has won, and I don't think anybody will win - dual format players and even dual format discs are planned, and when these become popular just like dual format DVD burners, nobody will win.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

by this list
    dvd 96
    BR 3
    HD 1(but a very strong #3 overall)

Comment

• Movie_Junkie
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Nov 2004

I will not embrace either of the 2 formats. The companies that are trying to shove them down our throats can take their BR and HD discs, and devices, and shove them where the sun doesn't shine....sideways and while the devices are powered-up!

Comment

• RFBurns
        To Infinity And Byond
        • May 2006

Originally Posted by Movie_Junkie
        I will not embrace either of the 2 formats. The companies that are trying to shove them down our throats can take their BR and HD discs, and devices, and shove them where the sun doesn't shine....sideways and while the devices are powered-up!

This is like a return to the past....same comments regarding the VHS vs BETA contest.

IMO, if they want multi-format hi-def discs to float about, then the hardware must be able to work with said formats, both playback and recording, and put them at very reasonable prices.

Marketing scares is the key to these manufacturers. Scare enough of the consumer market and it follows where the wind blows.

Should be an interesting outcome.

Here..I will fix it!

Sony Digital Video and Still camera CCD imager service

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

• gonwk
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Dec 2005

I myself have NO USE for HD or BD ... I am fat, dumb & happy with regular DVD and their prices.

We don't even own a HD TV ... so!

G!

Comment

• Movie_Junkie
            Gold Member
            Gold Member
            • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by RFBurns
            This is like a return to the past....same comments regarding the VHS vs BETA contest.

IMO, if they want multi-format hi-def discs to float about, then the hardware must be able to work with said formats, both playback and recording, and put them at very reasonable prices.

Marketing scares is the key to these manufacturers. Scare enough of the consumer market and it follows where the wind blows.

Should be an interesting outcome.

My reasons for not going the BD, HD route are far different from the reasons I chose VHS over BETA (even though BETA had a superior picture).

The most important reasons have to do with DRM. I have no problem with companies wanting to protect their investment but I do have a problem with them having the ability to modify and possibly even shut down the hardware that I bought and paid for. I don't feel they have that right but yet they are able to make their modifications whenever they want. What's next are they going to demand that we allow them access to our homes to make other changes in equipment we own?

Comment

Working...