Storm worm, sounds like really bad stuff.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soup
    Just Trying To Help
    • Nov 2005

Storm worm, sounds like really bad stuff.

I just received this link from a friend, read it & decided to pass the info on here.

Storm Worm Erupts Into Worst Virus Attack In 2 Years -- Storm worm -- InformationWeek

• katzdvd
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Feb 2006

Looks nasty! I would say I'm safe behind linux, that's one of the benefits; the downside... I still can't get my sound recording working

Comment

• drfsupercenter
      NOT an online superstore
      • Oct 2005

I have a friend who uses Linux, and he uses Audacity to record... consider that katz!
      CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
      Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
      My DVD Collection

Comment

• katzdvd
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Feb 2006

Hi drf,

My problem is an OS issue with my sound card. None of the audio editors offered for Linux will work; hardware problem. It has been a real bear. It is supposed to be addressed in the next version of Linux, I am hopeful.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
          NOT an online superstore
          • Oct 2005

There are different versions of Linux... which one are you using? (etc ubuntu, knoppix etc...), so maybe a different one will fix that issue.

I have one of those Creative USB soundcards, and Adobe Audition hates it, while Cool Edit Pro (the one that Adobe ripped off and called their own) works fine. Strange.
          CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
          Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
          My DVD Collection

Comment

• anonymez
            Super Moderator
            • Mar 2004

Danny has a point. Katz, the issue is not with Linux per se, but with the kernel (version) that Ubuntu uses. Your audio device was not "officially" supported until stable 2.6.21 (April 2007). The kernel Ubuntu uses for each release is picked early in the development cycle so that the OS undergoes thorough testing. Unfortunately newer versions are rarely backported, so often you will need to compile it yourself.

While this move greatly helps stability, the downside is that some of the newer hardware isn't supported out of the box. Other distributions like Fedora and OpenSUSE work differently.
            "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• katzdvd
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Feb 2006

While this move greatly helps stability, the downside is that some of the newer hardware isn't supported out of the box.
              My hardware is not really that new?

Unfortunately newer versions are rarely backported, so often you will need to compile it yourself.
              Unfortunately, that is out of the realm of the newbies ability?

Comment

Working...