X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RFBurns
    To Infinity And Byond
    • May 2006

Originally Posted by photo_angel2004
    Standard Tube TV's are already a thing of the past.......There were a few stores that has like 1 or 2 tube tv's but they were small like 15", to find one bigger then that seems already impossible. Things sure have changed in the past few years.

Everything around here new is now plasma or lcd, wide screen standard is gone.
    We wont find any tube-based electronics in the stores either. Tho there are some specialty outlets like musical instrument amps that still are available using tubes instead of solid state (transistors/mosfets/ic's).

As to the silly format war, its a matter of where the market is going to go, that in turn is driven by the consumer. Indeed it makes no sense to anyone to buy two different pieces of equipment in order to play a disc. Especially when the price of these players are still expensive.

These players, no matter which one becomes the mainstay...will have to also be able to fully play the standard DVD format. I seriously doubt that after the huge investment over the last several years that anyone would just toss out their collection even tho their titles are or will become available on the other formats. Might as well just toss money in the dumpster and not even bother spending it at the stores.

Here..I will fix it!

Sony Digital Video and Still camera CCD imager service

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

• admin
      Administrator
      • Nov 2001

Originally Posted by RFBurns
      These players, no matter which one becomes the mainstay...will have to also be able to fully play the standard DVD format. I seriously doubt that after the huge investment over the last several years that anyone would just toss out their collection even tho their titles are or will become available on the other formats. Might as well just toss money in the dumpster and not even bother spending it at the stores.

These players all play DVDs, and all upscale them to HD resolution. If I had a spare $300, I would probably invest in a HD DVD player right now for the upscaling ability alone (a good DVD upscaler like the Oppo DV-980H will set you back more than $150 anyway, and it doesn't even play HD DVDs or come with 11 free HD DVD movies like the Toshiba). I will then get a PS3 for the gaming + Blu-ray playback, and in a couple of years, when HD movies become more common, I will upgrade to a dual-format player to replace the Toshiba.
      Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...