X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Report: Netflix Users Favor HD DVD

A new report indicates that although only a tiny percentage of Netflix users are high-def early adopters, among them HD DVD appears to be favored over Blu-ray by a factor of more than two-to-one.

-- snip --

Curiously, although those who looked at Blu-ray titles outnumbered those looking at HD-DVD by a factor of 1.8 to 1, among those who set an high-def format as their preferred disc format, HD-DVD was chosen over Blu-ray by a factor of 2.4 to 1.

Makes Blockbuster's decision to drop HD DVD (albeit in selected stores only, not online) seem a bit silly now - I guess we now know where their HD DVD customers went to.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • Scott Hettrick
    • Oct 2007

Netflix not buying independent conclusions about its users

I've seent his story taking on life in the forum world and called Netflix myself to ask about its veracity.
    Netflix is checking into the accuracy of the data but insists that the conclusions are incorrect and adamantly stands by its publicly-stated position that actual transactions are nearly dead-even at 50/50 for Blu-ray and HD DVD.
    If and when they get any further information or explanation about this independent company's collection of Netflix data, they will let us know and I will post it in my blog at hollywoodinhidef.com.

Comment

Working...