X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

'Hitman' Blu-ray to Include First-Ever "Digital Copy"

Fox has released final specs for the March Blu-ray debut of 'Hitman,' promising a fully stocked supplements package and a format-first "digital copy" of the film.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • ed klein
    Banned
    • Mar 2004

I don't necessarly think this is a forward thinking business money making opportunity for FOX, especially at $39.98.

From my viewpoint this is an expermental project by FOX. After all, once you have seen the movie and all its hipe at the high defination level, why would you want to go backward and view the digital standard defination second copy that comes with the package.

I would like to view the HD and SD at 1080P and see if the human eye can see a video and sound quality difference. I am sure the audio is going to sound much better with the right hardware audio equipment.

This package deal doesn't get me very excited.

Comment

• BR7
      He is coming to your little town!
      • Aug 2005

$39 is a bit steep if you ask me.I think they should have used the BD-Live feature and let people download it if they want it for the PSP.I don't like being forced to pay for something I am not going to use
      Last edited by BR7; 26 Jan 2008, 10:20 AM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• admin
        Administrator
        • Nov 2001

Originally Posted by BR7
        $39 is a bit steep if you ask me.I think they should have used the BD-Live feature and let people download it if they want it for the PSP.I don't like being forced to pay for something I am not going to use
        I think this is the key point, and the key idea behind "managed copy". Basically assume the user is going to illegally make or download a copy of the movie, and then charge up front for it.

Of course, whether this works or not depends on whether people buy these kind of discs or not. If nobody is buying it, then perhaps you will see this feature removed or the disc discounted to normal prices.

I prefer "managed copy" where you can make a 1:1 copy of the film for local storage/streaming (Profile 2.0 and HD DVD players are fully capable of streaming Blu-ray/HD DVD movies without the disc being present, complete with BD-J and HDi). Technically, these kind of discs shouldn't cost more than normal discs since the copy made is not in competition with any other type of purchases (although they *will* cost more), whereas portable "managed copies" take away revenue from iTunes, UMD and other products, which studios have to recoup in some way.
        Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...