Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

PS3 firmware 2.20 bringing BD-Live (Profile 2.0) interactive Blu-ray this month

The Blu-ray 2.0 spec (or BD-Live) is just days from launch. Sony just announced that the next PlayStation3 firmware updated -- v2.20 -- will add the new interactive features to your PS3. As such, PS3 owners should expect downloadable video content, ringtones, interactive movie-based games, and the always intriguing "more" when the software is released in "late March." In other words, in the next 11 days. The update will also allow you to copy photos and music playlists over USB from your PS3 to your PSP. The rest of the new features after the break.

-- snip --

-- DivX and WMV format videos that are larger than 2GB will be playable.
    -- "Mosquito Noise Reduction" will be added as an AV setting in the
    control panel of the DVD/BD player for improved movie playback.(*2)
    The Blu-ray 2.0 spec (or BD-Live) is just days from launch. Sony just announced that the next PlayStation3 firmware updated -- v2.20 -- will add the new interactive features to your PS3. As such, PS3 owners should expect downloadable video content, ringtones, interactive movie-based games, and the always intriguing "more" when the software is released in "late March." In other words, in the next 11 days. The update will also allow you to copy photos and music playlists over USB from your PS3 to your PSP. The rest of the new features after the break.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Now available to download.

More information here:

Comment

• admin
      Administrator
      • Nov 2001

And almost un-noticed is the newly added support for LTH BD-Rs in fw 2.20. LTH BD-Rs are a new kind of BD-Rs that are cheaper to produce. See here for more information:

Comment

• BR7
        He is coming to your little town!
        • Aug 2005

Here is a peek at BD-live from Walk Hard.You can read the rest here

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• admin
          Administrator
          • Nov 2001

There are also some other fw 2.20 related goodies that weren't so apparent in the list of changes, such as better DivX support (not just getting rid of 2 GB limit, but better compatibility - I'll have a look to see if GMC and QPel are now supported or not), and also subtitles support (again, will try to see how it works).

Comment

• BR7
            He is coming to your little town!
            • Aug 2005

I was wondering how that screen shot was taken(probably the movie company)? I have done a google and can't seem to find how to take image captures with the PS3.I would really like to know how to do this(if it's possible) I would love to post some screen shots of some movies and use images for Photoshop
            Last edited by BR7; 28 Mar 2008, 08:01 PM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• admin
              Administrator
              • Nov 2001

GMC and QPel files still seem to be unsupported ...

Comment

Working...