X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Bill Gates: Xbox 360's Natal Coming To The PC

Talking to Cnet, Bill Gates hinted that Xbox 360's full body motion gaming system might be coming to the PC.

Here's what he said:

Originally Posted by Bill Gates
    I'd say a cool example of that, that you'll see... In a little over a year, is this (depth) camera thing, but for media consumption as a whole, and even if they connect it up to Windows PCs for interacting in terms of meetings, and collaboration, and communication.

Both the Xbox guys and the Windows guys latched onto that and now, even since they latched onto it, the idea of how it can be used in the office is getting much more concrete and is pretty exciting.

And I think there's incredible value as we use that in the office connected to a Windows PC.
    Almost all the Xbox 360 accessories work on the PC, and I suppose it wouldn't be a total surprise to see Natal being adapted to Windows 7. Imagine using hand gestures to control Windows Media Center. At the very least, it's a webcam.

More:

CNET is the world's leader in tech product reviews, news, prices, videos, forums, how-tos and more.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
Working...