X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

PS3 Firmware 3.40 Available - PlayStation Plus, Facebook

Sony has released the 3.40 firmware for the PS3. The headline new feature is Facebook integration, allowing users to integrate their PSN accounts and certain PS3 functions (like uploading, commenting on photos on Facebook).

The other new feature is support for the new PlayStation Plus, a new subscription based online service that tries to repeat the success of the popular Xbox Live network, which is also subscription based. But unlike Xbox Live, gamers still don't need to pay in order to play multiplayer games.

Other features include a five-star rating system for PlayStation Store content, new power saving settings, and an integrated YouTube uploader with simple video editing features, allowing users to upload videos files on the PS3 to YouTube while performing some simple edits along the way.

More:

UPDATE: Thanks for all of the feedback. Just a quick update, 3.40 has been released. In addition, PlayStation Plus is now available in the PlayStation Store. We're thrilled to hear that many of you are excited about the five star rating feature. This feature is retroactive for all of your PlayStation Store activity, so you [...]
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • masha
    • Jun 2010

good news))

Comment

• drfsupercenter
      NOT an online superstore
      • Oct 2005

But it'll still delete my Other OS function?
      CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
      Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
      My DVD Collection

Comment

• admin
        Administrator
        • Nov 2001

Other OS is gone for good, I'm afraid.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
          NOT an online superstore
          • Oct 2005

So if I skipped the previous update and went directly to this one, it would still be gone?

Would I be able to downgrade if I ever wanted to use my Linux again? (I have the .pbp update file on my hard drive for that reason)
          CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
          Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
          My DVD Collection

Comment

• admin
            Administrator
            • Nov 2001

Yes, all PS3 updates include all previous updates in the same package, so if you update from 2.0 to 3.0, then all the in-between updates are applied as well.

You can't downgrade firmware as far as I know. If you want Other OS, you'll just have to skip all future updates.

Comment

• Budreaux
              • Jan 2006

Originally Posted by admin
              Yes, all PS3 updates include all previous updates in the same package, so if you update from 2.0 to 3.0, then all the in-between updates are applied as well.

You can't downgrade firmware as far as I know. If you want Other OS, you'll just have to skip all future updates.
              Yup..... it's OS or new content and features....your choice.

Comment

Working...