X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

PS3 Hacker geohot Now Works At Facebook

Notorious PS3 hacker, George Hotz, aka geohot, appears to have landed a job at Facebook.

This apparently appointment by Facebook has been kept extremely low key, with only geohot's own Facebook update when he posted that "Facebook is really an amazing place to work...first hackathon over."

The rumours of Hotz working at Facebook first surfaced when he declined an challenge to hack the iPad 2, saying he would prefer to concentrate on his day job.

A Facebook spokesman has since confirmed Hotz's employment status to ZDNet.

It is unknown just exactly what kind of mischief Hotz is up to at Facebook, whether perhaps he is responsible for maintaining the security of the world's largest database of personal information (and quite a lure for wannabe hackers).
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • dr_ml422
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2007

If you can beat them, though not want to see bars on a daily basis, then why not join them. Wow letting geohot near the largest success story today, and yes, hacker's loveboat is not that bright of an idea, no matter what the position imo. Though it is what it is. Hey Uncle Bill worked for Steve w/Apple and look at him now! "Want some Steve? There's still plenty no matter how many apps./iPhones/iPads you put out".
    SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• Budreaux
      • Jan 2006

Talent is talent, no matter the background and Geohot has a true talent for this. It is a smart move on Facebook's part to hire in such a talented individual. Geohot was never a DDOS type of hacker, he is more of a reverse engineer...... I've said it before and I'll say it again, there is real talent in the hacker community, talent that meets and surpasses many of those college educated fellers.

Comment

• admin
        Administrator
        • Nov 2001

And I think Facebook could do with a good security guy. So much personal data on their servers, it's such a tempting target!

If Sony had simply hired the hackers that they sued, then maybe the whole PSN fiasco could have been avoided. But then again, this the same company that actually sacked network security personnel just a few weeks before the PSN breach:

Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...