X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

YouTube Adds 2D to 3D Conversion For Videos

YouTube announced this week that they've enabled a new feature that allows newly uploaded videos and existing videos to be converted to 3D.

3D video support on YouTube is not new, but with consumer interest in 3D waning, and with the sale of 3D still and video cameras disappointing electronic firms, this new conversion feature is YouTube's way to get more 3D content on YouTube.

The quality of the conversion will be similar to the 3D conversion feature found on many existing 3D televisions, mostly adding depth to images, without adding any pop up elements. To view the 3D video, users will still need a pair of compatible glasses, and/or monitor.

In the same blog announcement, YouTube now also allows verified users with good standing to upload long form videos, that is videos longer than 15 minutes.
    Last edited by admin; 24 Sep 2011, 04:50 PM.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

The long videos thing has been there for quite a while - my account has been able to upload videos over 15 minutes for over 6 months now I believe.
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

• admin
      Administrator
      • Nov 2001

Yes, they've been slowly increasing the number of users that can upload long videos starting July last year, but now, all users who verify their account will get the option to do it, as long as they have a clean record in terms of copyright issues. Account verification simply involves providing a phone number, and receiving a SMS code that needs to be supplied back to YouTube.
      Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• drfsupercenter
        NOT an online superstore
        • Oct 2005

Oh, OK.

The funny thing is I've actually had like three videos be flagged for copyright. One of them wasn't, but the other two were things where I had music playing in the background.
        And it still said I'm in good standing. Odd.
        CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
        Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
        My DVD Collection

Comment

Working...