Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

On current form, Chelsea should have an easy game on Wednesday, but then again maybe Juventus were thinking the same as well, and look at what happened. Chelsea's defence isn't all that, since they've conceded quite many in the last few weeks (16 goals in 11 games at one stage). I think too many teams are afraid of Chelsea and don't have a proper go at their defences.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• Oriphus
      Digital Video Technician
      Digital Video Technician
      • Aug 2003

Pleased with Uniteds win at the weekend. Havent seen the match, nor the goal, but i hear Rooneys effort was amazing....

LFC just seem like they can't be arsed - yeah it would be great to beat Chelski (I think unlikely tho.... ) and progress to the final against PSV ha ha but we need to be in the CL 4th place as well and we just don't seem likely to do it with 3 games left.....
      Hey ya - Im not sure its a case about Liverpool being arsed or not, they are a good side, they just need to start playing like it. Sometimes things dont work. Im taking the last two seasons as a trial/test season for United lol, then next season if things arent working, we need some big changes.

AS far as Liverpool beating Chelsea, although Admin doesnt think so, and i think he might be right, i do agree with him when he says that it just takes teams to make an effort with them. To attack strongly and defend strongly, most likely on the breaks. Baros looks like he is fit as well for the game, which is a big benefit.

As for playing PSV in the final, although i know you were joking, there isnt really much hope of that is there

Looking forward to PSV versus AC Milan tonight mind you. I think it should be a good game.

Whats interesting i think, is that if Liverpool beat Chelsea, and do go on to win the Champions League, and come 5th in the League....whats going to happen? Either Everton go through and the winners of the CL dont. Or, UEFA decide to let Liverpool go through, and 4th place doesnt get into the CL. Its a difficult situation to be in i think.

Chris
      http://www.dvd-backup.tk

Comment

• lfcrule1972
        Liverpool 'til I die......
        • Nov 2003

Mmm pains me to say it but Rooney's goal was again first class, I can't stand the little Shrek lookalikey but he sure scores big goals...

So day after 1st leg of the semi and LFC still continue to confound - crap against Palace yet able to hold Chelski to a 0-0 at Stamford Bridge, honestly its enough to make me cry I would have preferred an away goal for the return to Anfield but at least both teams are still in it and know that they need a win so should be a good game. I see Mourinho thinks 99.9% of LFC fans think they are in the final - well I must be the 0.1% cos I am far from convinced.

Chelski are strong in every department and I fancy them scoring at Anfield, not sure how many LFC will get so its still going to be nail biting.....

As for the flukey result and LFC winning the Champs league, originally it looked like the FA would ask UEFA to replace Everton with LFC in next years competition as the champions, however it appears that UEFA don't want to make that decision so it will be up to the FA. Well they sit on the fence so often they must have ar5es that are splintered to bu#gery ! I bet they are praying LFC don't beat Chelski and they won't have to make a firm decision....

Personally, even as a lifelong LFC I don't think we should get in by default, Everton have been more consistent than us all season and we have chucked away our chances to overhaul them so we don't deserve it.......

That said if it did happen I have a few friends and relatives who will be getting the pee taken out of them

Laters.....
        "There will come a moment when you have the chance to do the right thing......"

"I Love those moments - I like to wave at them as they pass by...."

ImgBurn Support Forum

Stop !! Before you post read this !

cynthia is Queen of the smilies !

Comment

• blutach
          Not a god of digital video
          • Oct 2004

Well done to the Liverpudlians LFC.

Regards
          Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
          [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• lfcrule1972
            • Nov 2003

Cheers blutach - still a long way to go and I am not convinced we can do it even being at home for the second leg....

ImgBurn Support Forum

Comment

• admin
              Administrator
              • Nov 2001

Good result for Liverpool - I think Chelsea thought it would be an easy thrashing for them, so the draw came as a shock I'm sure. I just don't think Chelsea are as good as they think they are, afterall, every other team (minus Everton) in the top 6 have beaten us this season

If Manchester City can get 4 points off them this season, surely Liverpool has a chance to do something against them at home.

I think Everton should get the CL spot if Liverpool win it - they deserve it based their performances this season.

Comment

• lfcrule1972
                • Nov 2003

I would like LFC to win the semi to see Mourinho's smug grin disappear !! I think he is very entertaining but also incredibly arrogant so maybe he needs to learn some humility.

I agree, Everton have been there for most of the season and LFC have been very hit and miss - I just wish the FA or UEFA would come out and state categorically what they are planning to do. Today UEFA are saying that they won't bend the rules to allow LFC back in next year but would do it if the FA asked them to !!!

ImgBurn Support Forum

Comment

• admin
                  Administrator
                  • Nov 2001

I bet they are praying LFC don't beat Chelski and they won't have to make a firm decision
                  So for the Liverpool home match, will the FA reps put on Chelsea shirts and cheer on "their team"

Another idea would be to have a single play off match between Everton and Liverpool, and the winner gets the qualification spot. I heard someone suggest this match can take place as part of the Community Shield, which would be kind of nice since the shield has no meaning nowdays anyway (and it's bad luck to whomever wins it, as we found out again this season).

Comment

• lfcrule1972
                    • Nov 2003

It could happen lol !!

I like the idea of the shoot out for the 4th spot but only because we are so inconsistent at closing out 4th spot. If we had been there for as long as Everton I wouldn't be so keen...

ImgBurn Support Forum

Comment

• admin
                      Administrator
                      • Nov 2001

Mourinho's smug grin has disappeared

Comment

• lfcrule1972
                        • Nov 2003

It certainly has - as have my finger nails !!! That was too nail biting but obviously I am chuffed to pieces !!

I know there will be debate over the was it/wasn't it goal but my first thoughts were that it must have crossed the line when you see how far Gallas' leg is over to hook it back out. Secondly there were no real protests from the Chelsea defenders when the goal was given. Finally if it wasn't a goal it was a penalty and Cech should have been sent off - I wonder which Chelski would have preffered

Well I am still in dream land, the post match interviews were funny, Mourinho moaned about the best team losing etc but over 190+ mins did they score - no ! At least his rose tinted glasses are still working ok.....

Must be tough having to settle for the Premiership title and the Carling Cup......

Bring on AC Milan !!!

ImgBurn Support Forum

Comment

• Oriphus
                          Digital Video Technician
                          Digital Video Technician
                          • Aug 2003

Mmm pains me to say it but Rooney's goal was again first class, I can't stand the little Shrek lookalikey but he sure scores big goals...
                          lol he is an amazing talent though

Mourinho's smug grin has disappeared
                          Yep it sure has, and i was routing for Liverpool the whole time. Oh...it was a great moment when that final whistle went, after the ridiculous 6 minutes of extra time??? Im glad that Chelsa cannot do a triple this year, next year, Arsenal United and Liverpool better make it very difficult for them.

Whats gonna be interesting now is what happens if Liverpool win the CL and still finish 5th....

Chris

Comment

• admin
                            Administrator
                            • Nov 2001

I wonder how much the 6 minute of injury time cost Abramovich?

With AC Milan's lucky result against PSV, there is a real chance Liverpool might win the CL. What's best is that Moanrinho probably only now realises that Chelsea had a real chance to win the CL (just like last season), but again fails at the last hurdle (and again, brings on Huth to play out of position). Rumour was that Chelsea had already booked a club in Liverpool where they were to celebrate their entry into the CL final

Comment

• lfcrule1972
                              • Nov 2003

I heard the Chelsea celebration plans were well advanced too - oh well serves em right !! lol

Watched AC Milan have an off night last night against PSV, to be honest I don't care who we play in the final, in a one match shoot out I quite fancy Liverpool's chances...

The debate about the 4th CL spot still goes on - I think the FA will confirm today that it will go to 4th place in the Premiership, which I think is fair.....

ImgBurn Support Forum

Comment

• Oriphus
                                Digital Video Technician
                                Digital Video Technician
                                • Aug 2003

Watched the United match today and i have to say i was very happy with the frst half performance, but a few more of those attempts should have hit the back of the net. We seemed to loose coherence in the second half and even with the triple substitution and our "better" players coming on, we still failed to win. A draw is pretty useless, but i dont care, i have faced up to the fact we will be 3rd....again.

As for the Penalty....i've seem them given before, and i've seen them dismissed. This time, i do think it was very harsh and against hte run of the game. We deserved the win by a long way, but id like to see WBA staying up this season anyway.

Chris

Comment

Working...