X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

DVD Player that plays Divx movies for under $70

Was browsing the <a href="http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1077624500910&skuId=6373827&product CategoryId=cat03013&type=product">Best Buy</a> website and noticed this DVD player. I have seen quite a few threads of people asking about "Divx" players. Well here is one for under $70 US dollars.

It also plays DVD+R and DVD+RW.

Shop online at Best Buy in your country and language of choice. Best Buy provides online shopping in a number of countries and languages.
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Looks quite good, although I have a slight bias against the Philips brand from the days that my parents owned an electronic repair store. It would still be better than buying a no-brand player though.

While it's not under $70, I just recently purchased this player:

DVI output, up-scaling with network playback capabilities (play back files on a computer across a network, also can browse the net) plus the usual DivX/XviD/Ogg playback. It's priced around $220, although you can probably get it for less. Playback was a little buggy at first (problem with some backed up DVDs, and no support for DVD menus across the network due to licensing issues), but you can update the firmware across the net, and unlike other players, the firmware is updated quite regularly (about once every one/two months). Region-free as well (changeable regions in the setup menu).
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...