What is your most hated film of 2004/2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2010/2011/2012/2013?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

i see. babylon 5 marathon? what would that be in U.S. $ say? (roughly)
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• nwg
      Left *****
      • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
      i see. babylon 5 marathon? what would that be in U.S. $ say? (roughly)
      It would be $104 and whatever the postage is to the U.S. The postage to the UK from Germany was £4/$7.

It is a bargain considering there is 36 DVD's in the set. The set has English audio and subs and even the menus have a English version.

German review and pics.

Entdecke die Welt des Films und der Games mit DVD-Forum.at - dem ultimativen Online-Magazin für Cineasten und Gamer.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

wow, that's a lot of dvd's to back up nwg
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• nwg
          Left *****
          • Jun 2003

wow, that's a lot of dvd's to back up nwg

I wouldn't even think of backing them up. I have loads of TV Series such as CSI, Star Trek, X Files, Stargate running into hundreds of discs. There are too many to even think about backing up.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

i figured you say that, i too have tons of tv on disc, and to back them up just seems pointless. especially readily available material.
            Columbo moments...

Comment

• nwg
              Left *****
              • Jun 2003

i figured you say that, i too have tons of tv on disc, and to back them up just seems pointless. especially readily available material.

I have over 200 of Star Trek alone. I could buy a second copy of each season and it will still be cheaper than my VHS versions. My VHS seasons of Trek cost me £140 each (13 tapes with twp episodes). I spent over a £1000 on DS9 and £1000 on Voyager. I now pay around £35 on per season on DVD when they are on sale.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                Demigod of Digital Video
                • Nov 2004

yeah, you'd have to dedicate your life to backing all that up and most likely never need the second copy. i have around 600 films and a few hundreds other dvd's of tv and what not, but someone like you who has much more...do you have any type of insurance on your collection? house insurance covers mine.
                Columbo moments...

Comment

• nwg
                  Left *****
                  • Jun 2003

No insurance for the actual colletion but I do have house insurance. I dread to think what about 1500 DVD's would cost. I now wait until all my DVD pruchases are on sale. For several yaers I was paying almost full price for them. It was when I realised I paid nearly £500 for all the X Files that I stopped paying full price. They have now been released in better packaging and recently sold for £13 per season (less than £120) !!!

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                    Demigod of Digital Video
                    • Nov 2004

i hear ya, i also have no problem going to pawn shops and buying dvd's. popular titles 5-10$. warranty too. never had one problem watching or backing up any. most new dvd's are too expensive for this fella.
                    Columbo moments...

Comment

• nwg
                      Left *****
                      • Jun 2003

I have been known settling for ex rental DVD's from Blockbusters. If I wait long enough I can get 3 for £10. I recently got Kung Fu Hustle and MindHunters just so I can actually experience the Arcoss protection (which the wizard handled with no problems).

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                        Demigod of Digital Video
                        • Nov 2004

that's a good price. i've bought many from blockbuster too for about the same, but usually $10 each cast away, men of honor, the forgotten...latest ones from there.
                        Columbo moments...

Comment

• nwg
                          Left *****
                          • Jun 2003

that's a good price. i've bought many from blockbuster too for about the same, but usually $10 each cast away, men of honor, the forgotten...latest ones from there.
                          They start of at 5 for £30, then 5 for £25 then 3 for for £20 and lastly 3 for £10. The 3 for £10 are usually rubbish ones that they cannot sell or really old titles.

They also do 3 for 2 and start at £2.99 each so, I did get 3 DVD's for less than £6.

Comment

• nwg
                            Left *****
                            • Jun 2003

Looks like I am going to take a break from films for the moment and watch some Babylon 5. The tin set has just come and is a bargain.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                              Demigod of Digital Video
                              • Nov 2004

that's pretty fancy nwg. i certainly don't have nothin like that. have you seen all the episodes and how long do you think it will take to watch the set?
                              Columbo moments...

Comment

• nwg
                                Left *****
                                • Jun 2003

that's pretty fancy nwg. i certainly don't have nothin like that. have you seen all the episodes and how long do you think it will take to watch the set?
                                I watched the series on TV around 10 years ago. I missed quite a few episodes but did see the last one. I haven't seen any of the films except for "The Gathering" as it is the pilot for the series.

It takes me about a week to watch 26 episodes and the extra features of Star Trek. They are normally seven DVD's. I sometimes watch all four episodes on a DVD before I go to bed. I have been known to just watch two episodes if I am more tired.

It will probably take me six weeks plus to watch it all if I keep watching it. I like to watch a season of something then switch to a season of something else and then back again to what I was watching.

Comment

Working...