What is your most hated film of 2004/2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2010/2011/2012/2013?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BR7
    He is coming to your little town!
    • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by nwg
    Has anyone seen the Japanese horror film Kairo (aka Pulse)? I just seen it and it was pretty good. I have also just seen a trailer for Pulse which is its U.S. remake (yes, another one). The remake trailer shows scenes exactly the same as the Japanese version.

Kairo IMDB

Pulse IMDB
    I seen the trailer for Pulse when I seen Lucky Number Slevin it looked damn good so I will take your advice and see Kairo the last one you told me about was Ju-on and that was great so I trust your judgement

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• nwg
      Left *****
      • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by BR7
      I seen the trailer for Pulse when I seen Lucky Number Slevin it looked damn good so I will take your advice and see Kairo the last one you told me about was Ju-on and that was great so I trust your judgement

It is under the name of Pulse in the U.S like the UK.

Pulse at Amazon.com

The remake is going to have Wes Craven involved in the screenplay.
      Last edited by nwg; 21 Apr 2006, 07:29 AM.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by nwg
        The original is called Ringu and is a lot better and scarier than the US version. However, it won't be as scary after watching the remake as some of the scenes are the same.

There are three Japanese Ring films. The second one is nothing like Ring 2 from the US. A film called Rasen is the actual sequal but it didn't do very good. So, they re-did and it became Ring 2. Ring 0 is the third and a prequal to Ringu.

There is also a Korean remake version of Ring called Ring Virus as well as a Ring TV series.

A lot more info available here.

http://www.theringworld.com/
        ty nwg. i think i should try and find one of them. maybe i'll like them too. you never know. i need more scary movies anyway.
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• kyas_dad
          • Apr 2006

i don't think there is any good scary films around these days, emily rose was poo so was saw 2, ring 2, the grudge etc were also poo. although my wife gets scared by them (she's easily scared tho). i trick her in2 watching them all the time, it's great fun seeing her sitting there 2 scared 2 go 2 the toilet.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by kyas_dad
            i don't think there is any good scary films around these days, emily rose was poo so was saw 2, ring 2, the grudge etc were also poo. although my wife gets scared by them (she's easily scared tho). i trick her in2 watching them all the time, it's great fun seeing her sitting there 2 scared 2 go 2 the toilet.
            i like your style. i agree with everything except i have not seen the ring 2.
            "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
            Columbo moments...
            "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• NightTran
              King of Digital Video
              King of Digital Video
              • Aug 2005

I still wait for Aeon flux, any one had seen in the theater ? I like sci-action movie
              sigpic

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                Demigod of Digital Video
                • Nov 2004

i only like some. something with charlie theron don't appeal. kina like elektra. to each his own

sci fi i like

aliens, star wars, the last startfighter, that kina thing.
                Columbo moments...

Comment

• NightTran
                  King of Digital Video
                  King of Digital Video
                  • Aug 2005

same here, just something that I keep my brain relax
                  sigpic

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                    Demigod of Digital Video
                    • Nov 2004

many things on this earth to do that. you found a healthy way
                    Columbo moments...

Comment

• NightTran
                      King of Digital Video
                      King of Digital Video
                      • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
                      many things on this earth to do that. you found a healthy way
                      those type above that yuo mention, when I watch it I dont have to think

Comedy, drama, love ... to get to the bottom you have to think during the coursce of the movie and that make my brain think , it hurt
                      sigpic

Comment

• nwg
                        Left *****
                        • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
                        i like your style. i agree with everything except i have not seen the ring 2.
                        I have no intention of seeing the US version of Ring 2 as I heard it is awful. I will stick with the Japanese version of Ring 2.

I am waiting for the Ring Trilogy to become cheap before I buy it.

Ring Trilogy

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                          Demigod of Digital Video
                          • Nov 2004

wonder if there will be a ring 3.
                          Columbo moments...

Comment

• lfcrule1972
                            Liverpool 'til I die......
                            • Nov 2003

Ring Virus sounds nasty - I think a mate of mine had that but the Dr gave him antibiotics and it was all ok in the end
                            "There will come a moment when you have the chance to do the right thing......"

"I Love those moments - I like to wave at them as they pass by...."

ImgBurn Support Forum

Stop !! Before you post read this !

cynthia is Queen of the smilies !

Comment

• nwg
                              Left *****
                              • Jun 2003

I just finished Shaolin Soccer. It was a good film but nowhere near as funny as I thought it would be from the trailer which was very funny. I don't like watching trailers before a film and this is a good reason why.

There was a very good imitation of Bruce Lee in it.

Comment

• Zero G
                                Next to Arch Stanton
                                • Jan 2006

I agree on Shaolin Soccer. It just wasn't as funny as the trailer seemed.
                                "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

Working...