What is your most hated film of 2004/2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2010/2011/2012/2013?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kabuchan
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    • Apr 2006

Originally Posted by wlnelson
    I agree, this is suppose to be about the worst.

Did anyone see "a beautiful Mind"? Ok i can't see why it was made. I thought it was awful boring. And i like R. Crowe as an actor. The previews were totally misleading or I never would have seen it.

wlnelson
    I didn't like A Beautiful Mind either. I also didn't like Million Dollar Baby and John Q. Maybe its because I don't like:

1. mediocre endings
    2. slow plots
    3. unbelievable plots
    4. movies that make me cry

I watch movies to be entertained, not to be bored out of my mind, or filled with utter despair. I hated the way Million Dollar Baby ended, and John Q is too hard to watch if you have children, even healthy ones. Because you know you would do the same thing Denzel Washington did.

Sorry for ranting, tough day today
    That was Zen, this is Tao

My Gallery

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

million dollar baby lasted 20 minutes in my dvd player. just the idea didn't appeal to me. clint eastwood should be sitting on a boat fishing somewhere or something at his age. then i can't stand hillary swank. even that name swank! makes my blood boil.

that's all i got ta say about that
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Dan
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by Kabuchan
        I didn't like A Beautiful Mind either. I also didn't like Million Dollar Baby and John Q. Maybe its because I don't like:

1. mediocre endings
        2. slow plots
        3. unbelievable plots
        4. movies that make me cry

I watch movies to be entertained, not to be bored out of my mind, or filled with utter despair. I hated the way Million Dollar Baby ended, and John Q is too hard to watch if you have children, even healthy ones. Because you know you would do the same thing Denzel Washington did.

Sorry for ranting, tough day today
        Although I did like John Q (Huge Denzel fan!!), I had little use for the other two movies. That's why I normally don't give a hoot who wins all the awards, it doesn't normally fit into the movies that I enjoyed.
        Of course there are always exceptions like Mystic River and LOTR that I really enjoyed and also won the awards.

Comment

• Kabuchan
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          • Apr 2006

I liked Mystic River too. Slow moving but I like murder mysteries. Another movie like that was Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. Cusack was good, and Spacey was outstanding!
          That was Zen, this is Tao

My Gallery

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

never seen mystic river. the trailer at imdb didn't sell me. should i give it a whirl? what can it be compared to? that might help....
            "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
            Columbo moments...
            "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• deuce2
              • Aug 2005

Mystic River. I've never seen it. I have it in my library, but haven't bothered with it yet. Is it truly a "mystery". I love those.

Comment

• deuce2
                • Aug 2005

@LT

You know... funny thing happened. I popped all over these forums, found this one and promptly posted a relevant (I thought) point regarding the subject being "off topic", not that I really minded cause I liked the free form. Never paid attention to the forum name. Then realized that anything goes (within rules)... that's why the forum's name is OFF TOPIC. Where is the stupid button?

Comment

• jmet
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2002

I watched "Hostel" tonight. That movie was pretty good. It was sick, but good!

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                    Demigod of Digital Video
                    • Nov 2004

just now jmet? are you going to watch shawshank redemption for the first time too tonight?

seriously though, i really liked it too. i'm gonna show it too the little nephews, they'll get a real charge out of it
                    Columbo moments...

Comment

• BR7
                      He is coming to your little town!
                      • Aug 2005

You liked Hostel LT? It didn't do it for me I thought it was boring

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                        Demigod of Digital Video
                        • Nov 2004

i thought it was great. little booby, little machete and chainsaw. very nice. i wasn't looking for a story on this one.
                        Columbo moments...

Comment

• BR7
                          • Aug 2005

lol You got me there they did throw in all the horror movie necessities
                          Last edited by BR7; 4 Jun 2006, 04:46 PM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                            Demigod of Digital Video
                            • Nov 2004

anybody see the machinist? i rented this sucker and will check it out tommara...looked like it might be ok.
                            Columbo moments...

Comment

• BR7
                              • Aug 2005

Does anbody watch Criss Angel MindFreak this guy is an amazing magician I seen him last year this guy just blows your mind sometimes, I have to say so far the second season is even better then the first if you get a chance check out his show on A&E or check out his clips

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• Dan
                                Digital Video Master
                                Digital Video Master
                                • Dec 2005

That card trick on the web site is a good one. Especially when I'm still on my first cup of coffee,lol. (It must be the last card we see so we remember it best)

Comment

Working...