What is your most hated film of 2004/2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2010/2011/2012/2013?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nwg
    Left *****
    • Jun 2003

Tale of Two Sisters is excellent. I also liked Phone a lot. I haven't seen Shutter yet as it is not out yet in the UK.

I enjoyed the film Shikoku. It has the Japanese school girl (Chiaki Kuriyama) from Kill Bill Vol 1 and Battle Royale.

There is also film called Azumi about a girl Assasin (lots of blood splatter by swords). There is also a Azumi 2 with Chiaki Kuriyama .

Shikoku

Azumi

Azumi 2

There is a mad Director called Takashi Miike (also did the film Audition). His films are often very wierd. A good one is Ichi the Killer (Koroshiya 1). It is cut in many counties though (3 minutes in the UK).

Ichi the Killer

I recently saw a film on TV called Tell me Something (Telmisseomding). It is a film that looks like it is Se7en like and is a film about a serial killer.

Tell me Something

For a non horror. I like the film Shiri (Swiri). This is about capturing a female assassin/sniper.

Shiri

Other films to look out but I haven't seen yet are -

Infection (Kansen)

Premonition (Yogen)

The Eye 2 (Gin Gwai 2)

Comment

• BR7
      He is coming to your little town!
      • Aug 2005

That's a hell of a list nwg. I copy and saved it to my movies to get folder .The only one I have seen from your list was The Eye 2 which was just as good as the first .I think it was you that recommended Audition (Ôdishon) to me, as you can see it took me forever to get this one. I still have to get hold of Lone Wolf and Cub if I remember right that was highly recommended by you and DAFT

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• nwg
        Left *****
        • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by BR7
        I still have to get hold of Lone Wolf and Cub if I remember right that was highly recommended by you and DAFT
        I believe I did.

We are quite lucky in the UK. Most good Asian films get released by Tartan (they make films as well as distribute DVD's) and there is a huge selection. I believe they have started in the US.

To get DVD titles that might bne good. Here is there site which can be searched by genre.

http://www.tartanvideo.com/ (UK)

http://www.tartanvideousa.com/ (US)

Another good Japanese film which has zombies but it nothing like your regular zombie film. It does drag a bit but keep with it. It has the feel of The Evil Dead to it. It has everuthing from comedy, gorefest (plenty of blood), gunfights, swordplay and martial arts.

Versus
        Last edited by nwg; 14 Nov 2006, 08:38 AM.

Comment

• BR7
          • Aug 2005

Thanks for the links I am kind of pumped I like my horror flicks and they have this thing coming November 17-19 it's called Horror Fest - 8 Films to die for.Every time I see the commercial for this thing I start drooling.If it's as disturbing as they say I should be looking forward to nightmares for a week

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• nwg
            Left *****
            • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by BR7
            Thanks for the links I am kind of pumped I like my horror flicks and they have this thing coming November 17-19 it's called Horror Fest - 8 Films to die for.Every time I see the commercial for this thing I start drooling.If it's as disturbing as they say I should be looking forward to nightmares for a week
            I just noticed someone has remade Night of the Living Dead in 3D !!.

Trailer

Comment

• BR7
              • Aug 2005

You are the man Thanks for the heads up this is one, I will definitely spend the money on this and see it in the theater.What makes it worth it for me is the fact that I haven't seen a 3D movie since the last Nightmare On Elm Street movie and the second reason is it has Sid Haig in it,I loved his work in House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects
              Last edited by BR7; 15 Nov 2006, 01:20 AM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• nwg
                Left *****
                • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by BR7
                You are the man Thanks for the heads up this is one, I will definitely spend the money on this and see it in the theater.What makes it worth it for me is the fact that I haven't seen a 3D movie since the last Nightmare On Elm Street movie and the second reason is it has Sid Haig in it,I loved his work in House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects
                I never seen a 3D film at the cinema. I do have Freddy's Dead on DVD with the 3D ending. It was the second last Nightmare film with New Nightmare being the last.

I have 1000 corpses but haven't seen it yet.

Comment

• BR7
                  • Aug 2005

I have 1000 corpses but haven't seen it yet.
                  I kept putting off watching that movie because I didn't look like much to me.But when I finally took my head out of my butt and watched it I was not disappointed . Rob Zombie casted,written and directed this movie perfectly. I thought Sheri Moon was outstanding she was funny one minute and darn right creepy the next.I also have to give credit to Sid Haig and Bill Moseley they where born to play in this movie it wouldn't have worked with out them.I think you will like 2001 Maniacs also

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• MikeyBK
                    Digital Video Maniac
                    • Feb 2006

Don't mean to change the subject from gruesome zombies and corpses, but I just wanted to say that I just watched the movie Cars, and was blown away by how good it was..
                    Very well made and a very good storyline. I wasn't gonna watch it because of it being a cartoon and such, but am glad I decided to watch it.
                    MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
                    Antec True Power Trio 650W PSU
                    ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel Motherboard
                    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz CPU (Overclocking @ 2.9GHz)
                    XFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 Video Card
                    Patriot eXtreme Performance (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM
                    Seagate Barracuda(Perpendicular Recording) 320GB SATA 3.0Gb

*SAMSUNG 18X LightScribe SATA SH-S183L DVD±R
                    *Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R
                    *BenQ LS DW1655 IDE DVD±R

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                      Demigod of Digital Video
                      • Nov 2004

don't care much for robs work, but i have hopes for his halloween remake

@mikey
                      haven't seen cars, but i actually watched monster house and it wasn't bad. the second half especially
                      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                      Columbo moments...
                      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• MikeyBK
                        Digital Video Maniac
                        • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo

@mikey
                        haven't seen cars, but i actually watched monster house and it wasn't bad. the second half especially
                        Monster House was decent, but more for the kids and halloweenish (if there's such a word ), But Cars will entertain adults and is a lot funnier.
                        MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower

*Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R

Comment

• volfann
                          Digital Video Enthusiast
                          Digital Video Enthusiast
                          • Jun 2006

@Lt. You should see Cars.. Larry The Cable Guy has a good role as Mater .
                          sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                            Demigod of Digital Video
                            • Nov 2004

thanx fellas, but the animation and the idea of talking cars doesn't appeal to me. i'll leave this one for the kids

the only other animation i'd be willing to try is that over the hedge one
                            "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                            Columbo moments...
                            "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                            "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                            (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• volfann
                              Digital Video Enthusiast
                              Digital Video Enthusiast
                              • Jun 2006

Over The Hedge was quite funny too Lt. With 3 rugrats in the home I have learned to enjoy the animated flicks more and more...
                              sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• MikeyBK
                                Digital Video Maniac
                                • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
                                thanx fellas, but the animation and the idea of talking cars doesn't appeal to me. i'll leave this one for the kids

the only other animation i'd be willing to try is that over the hedge one
                                But that's what I was trying to say, it's really a good storyline even for adults. And Mater is hilarious, as Volfann states.

But don't want to twist your arm LT.

Gotta give Over The Hedge a look now, I felt about Over The Hedge as you did about Cars LT.
                                MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower

*Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R

Comment

Working...