What is your most hated film of 2004/2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2010/2011/2012/2013?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BR7
    He is coming to your little town!
    • Aug 2005

Children of Men looks good bucs It has very good reviews on imdb.I will get it asap and let you know how I liked it after I watched it

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• burcs
      • Feb 2006

As I said I think I read somewhere the dvd is out overseas, not sure when it comes out stateside. I saw a trailer for it after I'd seen the movie and was so disappointed in the trailer. There's even dialogue in the trailer that's not in the movie, and I mean like couldn't have even been in the movie, not just cut out of the movie. You'd have to have seen both to understand I guess. But the trailer I saw absolutely did no justice at all to how good the movie is. I mean the ending was "bleh" but you'll know there really wasn't a whole lot else they could do to wrap it up.

I went ahead and uploaded a 720p trailer to my ftp. It's about 100mb and again, doesn't do the movie any justice in my book. If I recall correctly, Clive Owen's character doesn't do any narration in the movie at all, but it's been a while since I've seen, maybe he did narrate some. Again, disappointing trailer to me after having seen the movie itself. I guess if you haven't seen it the trailer should look awesome, tho. But all the flashy cuts we were just talking about are in direct contrast to how the movie actually feels. It's Hollywood action style shot in a documentary fashion, basically.

Children of Men - 720p - Quicktime - (right click > save to disk)

I think you need to save to disk, otherwise Verizon will try to open a garbled text file in your browser and cause it to hang. It does with wmv's anyway, it might stream quicktime files better.

-edit- hmm, looks like March 27th for the states for the dvd, but it's still playing at some dollar theaters where I'm at.
      Last edited by burcs; 10 Feb 2007, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• Derree
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by volfann
        It was produced by the same group that made "See No Evil' .
        Yeah the WWE, a film used to try to get a pro wrestler over, and don't get me wrong I like WWE, but to make a movie starring a pro wrestler....
        sigpic

Turn down the suck...Turn up the
        good
        -------------------------------------------

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by burcs
          Tried it using IE? I tried uninstalling the plugin and tried the low using Fx, and it said I needed the plugin, but in IE the low res worked fine. Fx also showed I still had the plugin installed when I didn't, and IE showed it as not installed, but the low res still worked in IE. So as with a lot of sites, Fx is still a bit finnicky. I'm a diehard Fx user but as I said this is the rare case where I recommend using IE, especially for those who don't want to run ActiveX in Fx. I'm also still using IE 6 so it may be IE 7 acts the same as Fx, I dunno.

Some background on the plugin. they have some traiilers in their demo like Spiderman 3, and some 720p trailers too. You can also uninstall Powergrid just like anything else in add/remove programs if you so desire.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, see Children of Men if you can. Action sequences that nearly rival Saving Private Ryan, and some sequences are upwards of 8 minutes without a single cut, and you're right there in the middle of it every second of the way...literally.
          i'll try it, but it better be bloody good!
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
          (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• burcs
            • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
            i'll try it, but it better be bloody good!
            wait...try Powergrid or Children of Men? lol

If it's Powergrid you won't be disappointed. I have a 20" lcd and compression artifacting is much more noticeable to me, but that Transformers trailer looks better than most dvd's do when I watch them on my pc...and it's streaming. The 300 trailer has some blocking in a couple of spots, but it's only a high quality and Transformers is insane quality. Some cool gaming trailers there, too. It'll basically ruin Youtube for you, heh.

If it's Children of Men, if you like good movies you can't possibly be disappointed. There's about a 5 minute scene that takes place entirely inside a car, at the time I thought it was green-screened and thought that was pretty darn impressive how they worked it all together. Then watched the making of and saw how they really did it and it was all one take and was even more impressed. Hopefully this style will catch on. I'm also tired of the "cut to this, cut to that, zomg the camera's shaking there must be some action going on!!" types of movies.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
              Demigod of Digital Video
              • Nov 2004

alright, i'll post when i see it.

just finished the descent - finally. what crap!
              "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
              Columbo moments...
              "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• Dan
                Digital Video Master
                Digital Video Master
                • Dec 2005

What did you think of the ending?

Comment

• Chewy
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2003

well at least next week there's the departed and then the Prestige, a friend said it's better than the illusionist

anybody catch flags of our fathers this week?

Comment

• volfann
                    Digital Video Enthusiast
                    Digital Video Enthusiast
                    • Jun 2006

@ Chewy.......Flags was very well made and a good movie,but quite brutal during some of the war scenes. Not for the squeamish.. The story line was kind of sad though in an effort to be closer to the truth I guess. I liked it ,but it definitely isn't one of those feel good movies.
                    sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                      Demigod of Digital Video
                      • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by Dan
                      What did you think of the ending?
                      the only good part.
                      Columbo moments...

Comment

• Dan
                        Digital Video Master
                        Digital Video Master
                        • Dec 2005

Interesting response, some people I talked to didn't even understand it!

What I don't understand is a 7.4 rating at IMDB.

Comment

• BR7
                          He is coming to your little town!
                          • Aug 2005

I really liked "The Descent".Like I said before I thought the first 20 min of it blew chunks other then that I that I thought it was great
                          @LT
                          Who the heck is that in your avatar?Is it Flip

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• Dan
                            Digital Video Master
                            Digital Video Master
                            • Dec 2005

Whatever it is, I keep looking at it and laughing!

@BR, I thought it was okay, but usually a rating in the mid 7's is a real good flick.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                              Demigod of Digital Video
                              • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by BR7
                              I really liked "The Descent".Like I said before I thought the first 20 min of it blew chunks other then that I that I thought it was great
                              @LT
                              Who the heck is that in your avatar?Is it Flip
                              Flava Flaaaaaaav!

Flava flave. wrapper from public enemy from what i'm told. he's got a tv show, it's from video i captured. was to funny to pass up

if anyone wants it's it take it, he's gettin changed real soon.
                              Columbo moments...

Comment

• Dan
                                Digital Video Master
                                Digital Video Master
                                • Dec 2005

What is he saying anyway?

You know, it almost looks like some freak from American Idol auditions.

Comment

Working...