What is your most hated film of 2004/2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2010/2011/2012/2013?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • volfann
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    • Jun 2006

Since Rome was quite graphic in its depiction of daily life ,I figured Deadwood would be the same. Kind of adds to the realism. I grew up on Gunsmoke and Bonanza which never showed blood or uttered a foul word and the dance hall girls actually danced. I like the grittiness that HBO adds to their productions.. Kids will have to stick with Spongebob for now..
    sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• rsmober
      KiNgS recognize KiNgS
      • Jul 2006

to me a good one but old one would be 'full metal jac'ket"...or pool hall junkies...
      RsMoBeR

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

rome and deadwood seem a lot more realistic, altho they may shock you, both series sucked me in

Comment

• BR7
          He is coming to your little town!
          • Aug 2005

Have you seen "The Wire" Chewy? I think it has a realistic feel to it I really liked the first season but imho the second season out did season 1 in a big way.I still haven't seen season 3 I am waiting for a good deal on Ebay

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• burcs
            • Feb 2006

300 = awesome. Absolutely must see on the big screen. If you took the best things about Gladiator, The Matrix, and Sin City and made a casserole out of it it would taste just like 300, and maybe a dash of Braveheart for the seasoning. It was yummy. Even my criticisms of it I won't voice because it's trivial, and should be appreciated for what it is, a comic book brought to life...vividly awesomely brought to life, I might add.

Comment

• volfann
              Digital Video Enthusiast
              Digital Video Enthusiast
              • Jun 2006

I may have to go to the theater for "300". Don't think I want to wait for the DVD release after hearing the reviews.
              sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                Demigod of Digital Video
                • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by burcs
                300 = awesome. Absolutely must see on the big screen. If you took the best things about Gladiator, The Matrix, and Sin City and made a casserole out of it it would taste just like 300, and maybe a dash of Braveheart for the seasoning. It was yummy. Even my criticisms of it I won't voice because it's trivial, and should be appreciated for what it is, a comic book brought to life...vividly awesomely brought to life, I might add.
                how was the audio in the theatre?
                "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                Columbo moments...
                "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• BR7
                  • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by volfann
                  Since Rome was quite graphic in its depiction of daily life ,I figured Deadwood would be the same. Kind of adds to the realism. I grew up on Gunsmoke and Bonanza which never showed blood or uttered a foul word and the dance hall girls actually danced. I like the grittiness that HBO adds to their productions.. Kids will have to stick with Spongebob for now..
                  I got a good deal on "Rome" on Ebay I got it for $35.Just got done watching it for the second time and I agree with you it is a great series.Like I said some times I have to watch certain show a few times to get an appreciation for them

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• burcs
                    • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
                    how was the audio in the theatre?
                    Just like every other movie, I'm gettin old so it was "too damn loud"...lol.

Comment

• Aegmorgil
                      • Nov 2005

Originally Posted by volfann
                      I grew up on Gunsmoke and Bonanza which never showed blood or uttered a foul word and the dance hall girls actually danced.
                      I once asked my mom what Miss Kitty's job was. "She runs the bar." "Like a bartender?" "Uh... yup."

Took me awhile to figure out what the rest of those girls did for a living. They always just seemed to hang out at the bar for some reason....

Comment

• volfann
                        Digital Video Enthusiast
                        Digital Video Enthusiast
                        • Jun 2006

I got the first 4 episodes of Deadwood season 1 today. Wife is at work and kids are in bed. May as well check them out.
                        sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• JakeBlues
                          Digital Video Enthusiast
                          Digital Video Enthusiast
                          • Dec 2006

well they didn't call her Miss "Kitty" for nothing!
                          ElwoodsBrotherJake "...I'm on a mission from God, to help me and others from making coasters!

Comment

• volfann
                            Digital Video Enthusiast
                            Digital Video Enthusiast
                            • Jun 2006

Deadwood is great. Can't wait to trade my BB discs for 3 more Deadwood discs at the local store tomorrow.. What a great bunch of characters. The authentic frontier language is so colorful. They sure knew how to split an infinitive!!
                            sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• Chewy
                              Super Moderator
                              • Nov 2003

pigs get plenty to eat too

Comment

• BR7
                                • Aug 2005

I think I would stay away from what ever pork products Mr. Woo is selling
                                Last edited by BR7; 22 Mar 2007, 08:39 PM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

Working...