What is your most hated film of 2004/2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2010/2011/2012/2013?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dan
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Dec 2005

It was a bit different but kept me interested, entertaining anyway.
    I thought Ryan Reynolds was surprisingly good.

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

a couple of friends that see all the action films on the big screen say alpha dog(2 weeks) is a good story line?

I see good shepherd is #1 in rentals

Comment

• Dan
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by Chewy
        a couple of friends that see all the action films on the big screen say alpha dog(2 weeks) is a good story line?
        I have heard good things about it, the plot outline has me interested.

A drama based on the life of Jesse James Hollywood, a drug dealer who became one of the youngest men ever to be on the FBI's most wanted list.

I see good shepherd is #1 in rentals
        It deserves to be, but I didn't think it would be very popular with the "younger" crowd.

Comment

• MikeyBK
          Digital Video Maniac
          • Feb 2006

So, The Good Shepard is that good huh?? Guess will have to watch it. The storyline didn't seem too interesting to me, but with all the endorsements, must be good..
          MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
          Antec True Power Trio 650W PSU
          ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel Motherboard
          Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz CPU (Overclocking @ 2.9GHz)
          XFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 Video Card
          Patriot eXtreme Performance (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM
          Seagate Barracuda(Perpendicular Recording) 320GB SATA 3.0Gb

*SAMSUNG 18X LightScribe SATA SH-S183L DVD±R
          *Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R
          *BenQ LS DW1655 IDE DVD±R

Comment

• Dan
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Dec 2005

Some might find it boring, almost 3 hours and not full of special effects or anything. Just a good story with good acting.

Comment

• Dan
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Dec 2005

2 weeks until the spring/summer blockbusters begin.

Anyone going to see Spider-Man 3 on opening weekend? I might, the trailers look excellent and the other 2 were great on the big screen.

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

I got so bored with the present film options I remembered a movie a friend had loaned me a few months ago, they probably got it out of the bargain bin at walmart

aussie's suprise me with their films

Comment

• jblitz277
                  Digital Video Technician
                  Digital Video Technician
                  • Apr 2007

ya smokin aces is shoot em up entire time it's worth the watch as is good shepherd and the curse of golden flower I liked it but thought it was a little slow in begining not enough fighting
                  Asus P5N-E Sli nForce 650i mobo
                  Intel Quad Q6600 2.4 Ghz
                  4 Gb OCZ Platinum Rev 2 PC6400 DDR2 800mhz
                  Samsung 203B(sata)
                  BenQ 1655(ide)
                  Lite-On LH-20A1S-12 (sata)
                  500Gb WD caviar (sata)
                  300Gb Seagate Barracuda (ide)
                  500Gb Western Digital external Harddrive USB X 2
                  600w Ultra Infinity PS
                  8500GT 512mb Vid
                  Samsung Syncmaster 906BW
                  Vista Ultimate (32 bit)

Comment

• nwg
                    Left *****
                    • Jun 2003

I watched Curse of the Golden Flower on DVD a couple of months ago and it was excellent (especially at 80" wide). It was Asian Shakespeare and not really about the fighting. It made me get The Banquet with Zhang ziyi as the story is similar.

A good Thai Horror I recently watched is Shutter. I believe it is coming out/is out on R1.

I will see Spider-Man 3 but will wait for the DVD. I have no intention of going to the cinema again. I already haven't been since LOTR: Return of the King.

I hear Severance is out in the US sometime. It has been on UK DVD for a while now and it is a load of rubbish. Don't bother. It tries to be a Hostel wannabe but it is awful.

I recently watched The Prestige and it was a fabulous film.

I also intend to watch Bourne Ultamatium and POTC 3 but again on DVD when the time comes.

Comment

• blutach
                      Not a god of digital video
                      • Oct 2004

I got so bored with the present film options I remembered a movie a friend had loaned me a few months ago, they probably got it out of the bargain bin at walmart

aussie's suprise me with their films
                      http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0252444/
                      That was a great movie Chewy. A bit controversial, but very well received here.

Regards
                      Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
                      [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• volfann
                        Digital Video Enthusiast
                        Digital Video Enthusiast
                        • Jun 2006

I'm settling down with Smokin Aces tonight . Hope it's as good as it looks on previews. Watched Freedom Writers last night.. I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would.
                        sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                          Demigod of Digital Video
                          • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by volfann
                          I'm settling down with Smokin Aces tonight . Hope it's as good as it looks on previews. Watched Freedom Writers last night.. I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would.
                          freedom writers was ok. reminded me of dangerous minds in a way, but definetly not the same.
                          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                          Columbo moments...
                          "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                          (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Chewy
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2003

I have a mental block with Hillary Swank, when I was talking to a friend about the movie after i watched it, I mentioned it would have been better if they had used a better actress or at least one a little more well known. He asked me about "million bollar baby" and her academy awards, I said no that can't be the same woman.

Known for: Million Dollar Baby, Boys Don't Cry, P.S. I Love You

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                              Demigod of Digital Video
                              • Nov 2004

I have a mental block with Hillary Swank, when I was talking to a friend about the movie after i watched it, I mentioned it would have been better if they had used a better actress or at least one a little more well known. He asked me about "million bollar baby" and her academy awards, I said no that can't be the same woman.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005476/
                              lol. i used to hate her. but i like her now. she did a great job in this movie. i have million dollar baby, but haven't seen it. i'll watch rocky balboa 300 times before million dollar baby.
                              "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                              Columbo moments...
                              "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                              "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                              (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Chewy
                                Super Moderator
                                • Nov 2003

I was real disappointed in MDB, can't understand why, maybe hillary reminds me of my first wife, that's a sobering thought.

Comment

Working...