What is your most hated film of 2004/2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2010/2011/2012/2013?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dr_ml422
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2007

Dexter's good. It's on prime time now. Guess they figured it would do good as a regular also than just a subscribed premium channel. I'm kinda getting impatient w/Prison Break. I mean how much longer b4 Michael's living happily ever after.
    SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• doctorhardware
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Dec 2006

Can't wait for the season premiere.
      Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• BR7
        He is coming to your little town!
        • Aug 2005

Went to see 'The Dark Knight' on Friday.This movie was just outstanding,it is the best comic flick ever made IMHO.

I will admit I had my doubts about Ledger playing the Joker when I first heard about it.After seeing his performance,I would have to say that NOBODY could match what he did with the Joker's character.He was absolutely horrifying when had to be, and he pulled off being funny when it was called for.This man was nothing short of brilliant on that screen,and my hat goes off to him.Anybody that bitch's about his performance needs to get their head checked

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• burcs
          • Feb 2006

I've avoided all the media as much as I could so far. Only read one article, and that was pre-release. From the bits and pieces I have seen I can safely say I probably agree with you. Looks amazing, going to check it out later this week after the hype dies down a bit.

Comment

• gonwk
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Dec 2005

Saw "Hancock" the other day ... I almost wanted to go to the cashier and ask for my money back ... what a Crappy Movie for Will Smith. I guess this broke his good luck charm of releasing a blockbuster release on 4th July weekend.

And I am sure that "QUANTUM OF SOLACE" the new James Bond movie with Daniel Craig will also suck ... I just can't stand this guy. What is it with him and clinching his teeth ... trying to look mucho and tough. I want my REAL BOND back. And what is it with that old bra "M" wearing showy, flashy stuff ... who wants to look at wrinkled up cleavage.

G!

Comment

• NightTran
              King of Digital Video
              King of Digital Video
              • Aug 2005

I believe Hancock is a political, Obama and Hillary ?
              sigpic

Comment

• gonwk
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Dec 2005

Hi NT,

Hollywood has been shoving "Political" and "Social Change" messages down our throat very openly since 1992 when Billy Clinton took office ...

When I go to the movies I want to just go and enjoy a movie ... I DON'T want to see WOMEN'S GROUP ACTIVIST point of view or GAY RIGHTS' 10-cents ... or some Hollywood Idiot to tell me or my kids WHAT IS THEIR NORM and the heck with OURS.

I purposely Boycott the Movies that I know in fact are shoving those messages down our throat.

I don't need to see a film that bad ... I'll wait it out and watch it for FREE on cable in 5 or 10 years.

G!

Comment

• BR7
                  • Aug 2005

And I am sure that "QUANTUM OF SOLACE" the new James Bond movie with Daniel Craig will also suck ... I just can't stand this guy. What is it with him and clinching his teeth ... trying to look mucho and tough. I want my REAL BOND back. And what is it with that old bra "M" wearing showy, flashy stuff ... who wants to look at wrinkled up cleavage.
                  I will admit, it took me a little bit to get used to Daniel Craig,but I ended up really liking him.He brings a thuggish element to Bond that the others lacked in past films .As for Judi Dench... they can let her go anytime,I can not stand her.
                  Last edited by BR7; 24 Jul 2008, 08:40 AM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• doctorhardware
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • Dec 2006

I will rent hancock for a buck. Movie theaters cost way too much. Just to get in is $22.50. Now add the popcorn and drinks, you are looking at close to around $60.
                    Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• gonwk
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • Dec 2005

Hey Doc,

Hancock IS NOT worthed more than a Buck anyway.

But, I went and saw "The Dark Knight" last night ... man this movie kicked ass ... you don't even feel that it is 2 1/2 hour long ... time flies. Very nice flick.

G!

Comment

• dr_ml422
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • May 2007

As far as Will Smith goes after his last flic which I can't even remember right now he's out of my rec $$$ list. The guy's given too much leeway as far as improvisation and his jokes just don't cut it anymore especially when the subject matter doesn't warrant any comical relief.

The Dark Night while I will admit was not bad at all is way too long. I brought my motrin just in case my back started acting up. Imho they could of cut it down by at least 50 mins. or so. Dragged after a while and Maggie Gyllenhall is just plain busted. Lets give Ledger some props for the Joker but if this turns out to be Oscar material then the facts of how sick the human element can be are noteworthy. Before his untimely death the guy was just an actor. Now all these yuppies are poor him, poor him, pour me a drink cause he's gone. I'm pretty sure they gave the full unedited version cause of Ledger. Stayed for a couple of the credits on account of my girlfriend's behalf and then I bounced. Of course they added an in memory to spot for the guy. It is what it is.

@doc. I'm w/you. It hit me for $24 just for the tickets not including bus fare and the fact that it was soooo long I was starving and had to hit a restaurant to boot. I believe we can all agree why we're into Digital Video.

The new Terminator w/Bale looks off the hook as the rumors of Captain America w/Terrence Howard playing the part. Well thank God for Ben Stiller and some of the other boys for they're upcoming comedy which again I can't recall the name.

Anyone seen Wanted w/Jolie? She's good for $12 anytime. Lol...

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• gonwk
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • Dec 2005

Hi folks,

@ dr_ml ... $12 ... see that's where you messing up dude ... how about Matinees at $8 a shot ... better yet we have a theatre here that shows Movies few months old for $3 ... so if I am not dead set to see it on Day 1 ... $3 is my cost. Plus I bring my own popcorn, drinks and name it in my backpack.

G!

Comment

• dr_ml422
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            • May 2007

Gonwk my man. How you been? I'm in the Big City pops. Sometimes I fill up the bags w/all the goodies but sometimes I just want to check out a flic after I ate. It's all good. I hit the 4:30pm show which was a mistake from the get go. Can't win w/the wifey all the time. After the previews and the Bat flic it was almost 7:30pm. Then the usual 15mins. to 20mins. wait for the bus. Bottom line it's crazy over here. You're either filthy rich or you got a deal. You know what I mean. Good to hear from you though. I have my hands tied w/this new build which isn't a bad thing at all. The last $3 old movie theatre was eradicated about 15-20 yrs. ago here. You either wait for BB, or some other video spot or squeeze out the $$$. Can't stay cooped up all day in the apt..

Studios are going for $850,000. After that it's maintenance fees. Anyway a lil off track in regards to the thread but everything's everything. God Bless America.

Comment

• Aegmorgil
                              • Nov 2005

I don't go to the theaters much anymore, but I went for Batman and thought it was worth it. It was a bit long, they could've dropped out the Two Face plot entirely to shore it up; could have set him up as a potential threat in the next one or something instead of adding him in this one.

I was leary of Ledger, too, BR, but DAMN was he a good Joker! Oscar material? Maybe, maybe not. I just hope they don't do it simply because he died. I've lost a lot of respect for the Academy ever since they gave an Oscar to Michael Moore for Farenheit 911. It was a great movie and VERY entertaining, but anyone who knows anything about documentaries knows that it sure as hell wasn't one.

Movie costs prohibit me from going much, too. My old hometown has a $3 theater that serves pizza and beer, too. Why the hell did I move....?

Comment

• BR7
                                • Aug 2005

DAMN was he a good Joker! Oscar material? Maybe, maybe not.
                                I think it was Oscar worthy.He actually pulled you into his performance, and you could actually feel what it's like to get terrorized by a maniac (the way I felt anyway) .First he scares the living $h!t out of you with his lunacy, and a few minutes later he makes you laugh with more lunacy.He did all that by not making you stop and think "hey, is what he doing possible?" Not to many actors can pull that off,your usually sitting in your movie seat going yea right .
                                Last edited by BR7; 27 Jul 2008, 01:58 PM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

Working...